Its Okay to be Human

(The Next Day)
Mason's POV:

I can't sleep. It's almost 3:24. All I can think is I haven't seen my parents in 5 1/2 years and Laura died 4 years ago. And JD he bottles it up all the time. So now even if I wake him up, I'm going to ask him everything. And I mean it.

(KNOCK KNOCK)

"What the hell?!" He opens the door. "Shit. Mason it's.. 3:26AM! Why are you outside my door?! I mean what the f- what a sec. Teary eyes, messy hair, pin and marker marks all over your hands. What's wrong?"He said worried about me I ran into his arms and he walked me into his room and we sat on the bed.

"I just can't stop thinking.. what if I was still with my mom and dad?" I said a tear trailed down my face and he gave me a hug and told me I would be all right. I just sat there because I like the comforting feeling. Then I sat up.

"I also (sniff) have a question for you." He nodded which signaled me to continue. "Are you okay? I mean seriously you never talk about her. She loved you and you love her. Why don't you open up ever about her. I mean come on! You can barley say her name!" I scream and he just keep looking off.

"JD say something. SAY! ANYTHING!" I scream shaking his arm as he looks at his palms, sweaty he wipes them on is basketball shorts and his eyes become glossy.

     "I do love her. I always will, but I feel like.. if I say a-anything I'll start cr-crying. And I'll never s-stop." His voice wavered as a tear trickled down his cheek, as he tried to wipe it fast so I couldn't see more came with it as he started to shake and tremble he asked me a question that broke my heart.

      "Would she hate me? Am I a bad son?" He said and started to sob and leaned into my shoulder as I hugged him. I know JD needs me right now. More than he ever has.  

        "No. No. She loves you hand always will and I know it's emotional to talk about this sore subject, but it's okay to talk about it, let it go. And I'll always be there when you need me the most. Your not a bad son just a heartbroken one." I say and he nods his head and whispered to me.

      "Thanks. Your a great son too. And blood or not your my brother and I love you." He said and I hugged him so tight I promise he could have popped.

        We talked and talked about his mom, which made him happy, my awful birth givers (yeah they don't deserve parents anymore), and we talked A LOT about Christian.

     "You know you 2 are perfect. (Yawn) I hope you too are enjoying your project (yawn) together. I'm happy (yawn) sorry, happy." He said as his eyes droop close and he is shaking himself to stay awake.

      "It's almost... 5:09! We definitely need to go to bed. C'mon lay down I'm going to my room love you." I say and he grabs my arm and looks at me as I turn around.

     He started to blush. "Um can you stay in here? Just don't wanna be alone right now." "Yeah of course scoot your big ass over." And he started to laugh and he scooted over and we both laid down and sat in silence for a few seconds.

    "You're a great brother couldn't ask for anything better. Love you too." JD said and fell asleep and I smiled. He really is a great guy.

    I heard a ping on my phone and pulled it up and I was a bit confused. Who the hell is this

(606)-345-4466

-Hey this is Christian btw, just wanted to say thanks for tonight and wondering could we do it again. Maybe tomorrow at my house after my game??? You can come to the game to. I know you don't like football but it would mean a lot we play Daniel. Just text me when you decide! Thanks!

I had no clue what to say... I jus got asked on ANOTHER DATE! So I felt like I should reply. And he saw I read it, it's rude to leave people on read.

- Hey it's Mason. Wondering how you got my number lol. Anyway yeah I would love to go to the game it's sounds like fun, but you'll have to teach me about football bc all I know it's the QB😂 and yeah coming to your house after seems like fun as well! So I guess I'll see you in 3rd tomorrow!

As I breathe out I saw he is typing and I'm getting nervous.

- Yay! I'm so happy now and why don't yo come over after school I can tell you about it and we can hang out before the game and you can meet the team! If you want, that is.

- Sure sounds great I don't wanna embarrass myself! And I would love to meet the team they seem so nice (kinda)

- Okay cool well I'll let you go. Bye see you in 3rd♥️

- Bye see you tomorrow ♥️

After I closed my phone my eyes went wide.

Did I just test him a heart?!

Did he test me a heart FIRST?!

Shit.

Christian's POV:

I'm so happy, wait.... did I text a heart?! Did he text a heart.

Shit.

Hey guys! I can't believe I'm writing again it feels good. Okay so I'm your opinion do you like having JD in chapters and should I do more in Christian's POV bc I feel I don't enough. Also sorry this pulls at heart strings I just wanted to show that JD DOES have a heart guys he is not heartless. Well I gtg I love my potato avocado fam! Gn

XOXO~Sarah♥️💯🤓
Word count : 1010