Chapter Twenty-Eight

Eventually we stop hugging and head back to our apartment. On the way we stop at a Rite Aid and buy sever first-aid kit. Having more than one is extreme, but knowing how much Blue likes fighting people, I think it's necessary, but of course he teases me the whole way home.

I shiver when we walk into the apartment. "Did you turn the heat off? It's colder in here than outside."

"No, but I'll turn it up." He walks over to the thermostat and runs his fingers over the screen. His face twists up in annoyance and he bangs on the blue screen in frustration. We're still trying to figure out how to work it. I know how to, though, and I would tell him... but he's adorable when he presses the wrong things.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask him on the way to the bedroom. I grab a thick comforter and a few blankets from the closet and the pillows laying on the bed then pad back into the living room and drop them onto the couch.

"Sure, but nothing that has the word 'love' in the title," Blue warns, and I chuckle.

"What about I Love You, Betty Cooper? That's a comedy, not a rom-com," I point out, and he leaves the thermostat to walk over and grab my hand.

"You know other movies that aren't rom-coms? I've gotta say, I'm surprised," he teases and walks to the hallway, bringing me along with him.

I smile. "Of course I know other movies. Romance just so happens to be my favorite genre." I walk over to the long mirror in the corner of the room as he kicks off his shoes by the door. "Do you mind unzipping this for me?"

He finishes taking off his jeans, then walks over to me. His fingertips and rings are cold against my bare skin. Even though I didn't move or express the quick discomfort, he mumbles an apology and unzips the dress, and lets it pool around my feet. The hardwood floor is cool under my feet, so I hastily run over to the dresser and pull out a pair of pajamas. But they're all chilly. It's great how cool the apartment can become in just a few hours, but not when it's the middle of Winter.

"Here, borrow one of my hoodies." Blue walks into the closet and comes out with a dark gray hoodie. He eyes my chest and I blush despite him seeing me naked a few times. I'm wearing a matching purple lace bra and panties.

"Thank you." I smile. I've never worn another person's clothes before. The only exception being my dad's old college sweatshirts. Blue's lovely cologne and his natural aroma clouds around me in the form of his hoodie. Smelling him brings a smile to my lips. I decide I love wearing his clothes and contemplate stealing a stash for myself.

I do a double take noticing the white bold letters over the school symbol. "You were a part of the swim team?"

He smirks after pulling on a black sweatshirt. "Fuck no, but the lazy coach kept the locker room unlocked, so I stole one."

"You are the worst." I laugh and tug on pink cotton shorts.

"What does that say about you?" He asks and changes into a pair of sweatpants.

"Nothing good," I tease, and he shows me the middle finger. I chuckle and pull on a pair of pink fuzzy socks.

I follow Blue back into the living room that is still freezing. I shiver and wrap one of the blankets around my body.

"Fuck! We have to call the landlord to fix this shit," he curses and stomps over to the thermostat, giving it a good slap.

"Stop, you'll only break it more." I walk over to the thermostat and turn the heat up before he can destroy it. The place should heat up in a couple of minutes.