CONFIDENT

"WHAT DOES CONFIDENT MEAN TO YOU?"

hoseok stared at the paper in front of him, fingers curling over the pen that lay beside it. to be honest, he didn't really know what confident was defined as in his eyes.

did it mean he was smart, popular, cool? or that he believed in himself?

around him, mr. min was parading throughout the classroom, stopping everyone once in a while to read over one's shoulder. when hoseok noticed the shadow across his desk, his nervousness visibly heightened. 

"don't worry," mr. min mumbled loud enough for hoseok to catch. "i'm not judging you - just think about what it means to you, as an individual." 

hoseok's eyes followed mr. min's back that stopped at a sleeping girl's desk before looking down at the words before him once again. why was he so bothered by these six words?

maybe because he wasn't so confident in his answer.

nonetheless, hoseok lifted his pen and let it's ink sit and bleed onto the paper before writing out:

being confident means having a reason to live.

he stared at what he wrote for a moment, pondering whether or not it was a bit extreme for the first assignment mr. min was handing out. he was just going to scribble it out when a pale hand swiftly slipped it from under the hold of the pen tip. 

"i'm not judging," mr. min cooed with a wide smile. 

after collecting all the sheets of paper and placing them down, mr. min relaxed in his chair. "welcome, class." he chuckled, resting his feet at the edge of the table before him. "as you know, i am mr. min, and i will be your guidance counselor in this year's confidence workshop." his eyes scanned the room, meeting everyone else's contact. someone coughed, another yawned.

"alright," mr. min announced, lids drooping. "i can see none of you want to be here, and i get it. but you were recommended by a teacher and if we're going by a technicality, you filled the permission slip to attend this workshop and handed it in, so..."

not entirely true, hoseok inwardly groaned. some of us have nosy parents who can't accept the fact their son would hide the slip because he'd rather be at practice right now.

"let's see ... let's start off easy. erm, has anybody ever felt insecure with their body?"

once again, he was met with silence.

"has anyone ever had another point out that they'd rather die than ever resemble anything close to you?"

at this, a bubbly girl sitting in the front row of the class practically burst out of her seat. "oh yes, yes, mr. min! i've seen a lot of kids on the street stick their tongues out at me and say they never want to grow to my size!"

admittedly, she was a bit ... big.

smiling at her breaking the tension, he sat up. "alright, and how does that make you feel?"

she looked down, chubby cheeks swelling as she pouted. "not good at first ... but then i remember that i store more heat for the winter!"

"well, that's interesting. but try looking at it like this - accept the fact that nobody wants to look like you because that makes you your own distinguishable person. try saying to yourself, sure kid, don't become me, because i am me and you are you."

her shoulders dropped now, and she looked more confused than ever. "mr. min ...  that doesn't make much sense. everyone's telling me to lose weight and be like them, so why shouldn't i listen to the majority?"

hoseok almost snorted out loud at the pissed look on mr. min's face.

yeah, this workshop was going to be long.

 ⸻

CONFIDENT

CONFIDENT. | SOPE

in which one confident boi teaches an insecure one to love themselves.

    ©GVCCINE 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*NOTE*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

{screams in sope}

OMG MY TWO SUGAR DADDIES COMING TOGETHER IN ONE FANFIC my god i ship sope more than yoonmin or hoseok w/ anybody and that's the tea sis 🐸🍵

but here is CONFIDENT, a story in which min yoongi is the guidance counselor to the self-love workshop hoseok's parents force him to attend and develops a bond with the boy

cliche, just how i like it - piping hot and fresh ;) 

oOF it's mainly inspired by 3 things; namjoon saying he had never seen a kid more depressed when he first met hoseok {i sobbed}, min yoongi's history of depression and "i-don't-give-a-shit" exterior, and personally, my journey to confidence and self love :) 

actually, this is the second book i'm writing (or trying to) that's been made to help me overcome my insecurities :)) everyone stan SECURE on GUCCINE

but that's it? :) 

CONFIDENT

{WORK IN PROGRESS}