I love you (Saving Elliot one-shot)

Hands sweating, lungs heaving and heart galloping I slowly pick up the phone. 

Finally! I've been waiting for this day forever.

"Hello?" I whisper, although I already know who it is. 

"Hey." Then I'm done. Elliot's deep, smooth voice echoes through the receiver and I close my eyes, cherishing this simple moment. 

"Wassup?" I exclaim, regaining my cool, but failing. Also, might I say, slumping into couch breathlessly.  

"Nothing much, what about you?" Elliot asks and I imagine him crossing his arms. Sexy, muscular arms, might I add.

 I jolt up and tug at my ponytail. 

And underwear.

"Oh, you know. Same old, same old. Just waiting for my long distanced boyfriend who I love more than anything to come back from the States. Today's the day he's coming back by the way." I say and sink back into the couch. 

"Well, may I ask what your: long distanced boyfriend who you love more than anything, looks like?" Shit man, I still can't get over how nice Fintry's voice sounds.

"Ha, all I can say is he's as sexy as motherfucking hell." I reply whilst walking to the door. 

"Oh-"

"No, but seriously Fintry where are you? When are you arriving?" I cut him off and scratch my scalp restlessly.

"Why don't you open the door, Jensen, and see for yourself?" And the line goes dead.

Fuck, fuck, shit, shit. Holy crap! He's here!

I almost don't want to open the door because of the nerves. After a minute of painful bitter-sweet thinking, I steel myself and open the door slowly.

And there he is. 

Elliot Fintry, my hot American boyfriend, standing there with his mini suitcase.

We look at each other and the only sounds I can hear are the birds cheeping and my heart mercilessly pounding. 

Then something snaps. 

Both of us lose our self control and we come crashing to one and other. He grabs me by the waist, pulls me outside and spins me round and round. He lowers me and our lips lock into the most intense seal.

My breath hitches as we kiss with a passion not even we can tame. I tilt my head a bit to the right so that I can deepen the kiss. Elliot groans and pulls me closer, if that is possible. Our tongues work magic together as I tug at his soft hair. When I can't breath any longer, I gently break apart. 

I look into his deep, dark eyes. 

"Elliot." We both whisper at the same time. 

Our faces are so close together that I nearly go cross-eyed. 

Our breaths come out as fog because of the chilly weather of Manchester. 

Our breaths are one, our hearts are one, we are one. 

"I love you." I say after a moments pause.

"Elliot I-" He begins saying but I put my finger on his lips.

"Shh, It's alright. You don't have to say it." Because all this time that we have dated, Eliiot hasn't said 'I love you' to me. He finds it extremely difficult to do so, and I was hurt at first, but now I understand.

Elliot closes his eyes for a minute. And when he opens them, they are darker than any shade of blue and so warm that not even the snow around us could keep me cold. 

"Elliot Jensen, I fucking love you."