chapter eleven

shayne's pov
-
my heart fell to my stomach as soon as i realized what was on the phone in front of me. it felt like my throat was closing in, barely allowing me to breathe.

i looked over at courtney, tears running down her face, but no emotion. it killed me when she was like this. i couldn't wrap my head around it. it just always broke my heart to see her upset.

i sat up and put my head in my hands. i finally managed to get a few words out

"ian, please hear us out."

"save it. youve known the rules since the minute you walked into that audition room"

*flashback*

courtneys pov

today was the day of the big smosh audition and if i'm being honest i was not okay. i was sitting in the waiting room observing some other people running their lines and practicing their bits when a certain person from across the room caught my eye.

he had shiny dark brown hair swooped to the left side of his face, covered with a grey beanie. he had a red-plaid shirt overtop of a white t with a pair of jeans. he looked like he worked out a ton because he was impressively buff, arms especially. he looked like one of those people who were impossibly perfect.

i have no clue how long i was staring, but it must've been an embarrassing amount of time for him to look up from his script at me. i could see his bright blue eyes from where i was sitting.

i immediately looked back down at my script that i had written and i could only imagine how red my face got.

"hey" the mystery man whisper-yelled. i looked up at him and when he had my attention he patted the chair beside him, gesturing me to come sit.

i looked around to make sure he wasn't talking to anyone else and hesitantly stood up and walked over to him.

"hi" i said shyly, "i'm so sorry, i just totally zoned out. i probably looked like a stalker"

"don't worry about it" he chuckled. even his smile was perfect. how does a person even-never mind.

i was still too completely and utterly embarrassed to say anything, so he continued.

"i'm shayne topp, nice to meet you." he extended his arm to shake mine, and i did the same.

"mourtney ciller- er, uh i mean"

"courtney miller," he laughed finishing my sentence. "you're like blowing up on vine, you're hilarious"

"thanks, i try. " i say with a small chuckle. "you look kind of familiar too.. have i seen you on anything?"

he adjusted his body in his chair to face me "oh yeah, maybe. i've been in a few really small movies, but you've probably seen me on So Random?"

"oh my god! yeah! my little brother loved that show, that's crazy! you're an amazing actor"

he blushed smiled "thanks. so, what brings you to this audition?"

"oh! well you know olivia sui obviously, after we became friends from vine, i told her i really wanted a job where i could continue making people happy and continue being an influencer, so she told me that smosh was holding auditions. i literally fangirled so hard cause i've been watching since like 07. now i'm here and i'm like freaking out and i don't think they're going to like me and oh my god i'm rambling okay kill me now i'm ready to move on to the afterlife."

i slowly slouched down in my chair causing him to laugh, harder than before.

shaynes pov