Stranger Danger

No matter how old you get, Stranger Danger, is still a thing you should take into consideration when interacting with new people. Never blindly trust a person you just met.

I have friends that are looking for there forever person online. They spend a few weeks (or days, they move fast) texting and decide to meet up.  One of my friends did and decide to meet the man at 11pm at night at is place of work that had closed earlier. Meaning that they would be in the parking lot without anyone else around. 

This friend texted me saying the guy looked nothing like his picture. I asked for her location and then called her mother to tell. 

That's right, I told her mother

That's right, I told her mother. She was 22 at the time, 25 now.

I then called her and told her that if she wasn't making her way home right now, that I would call the police. If he was to lie about what he looks like why believe anything else he says. She took her ass home and never saw the dude again.

If you are going to meet someone from online do it publicly, during the day, and tell at least one trusted friend about what you're doing.

My co-worker Brittany, she's 19 soon to be 20,  one of the main people asking for my advice about these things but doesn't take it into practice.  That lowkey pisses me off because why ask if you are gonna do the opposite???? 

But one day she took the cake with her recklessness and I snapped and yelled at her.  She put her life in the hands of someone she didn't know and tried to act like it wasn't that big of a deal. 

She told me that she was in the mall shopping for shoes when and older man came up to her. He told her that he would buy her the shoes she was looking at in exchange for her phone number. (He claimed to be 32 years old.)

He got her number but she didn't get her  shoes... 

At this point I'm still joking with her

At this point I'm still joking with her.  So I tell her to block him, that he fake. Broke ass didn't buy the shoes.

But in all seriousness don't let someone try to buy you like that. 

But she isn't finished telling me what happened. A few days after that, He calls her to meet him at his house. Saying that she was finally gonna get those shoes. (Nope)

She goes.

She doesn't tell anyone where she's going, how long she plans to be there, who she's meeting up with, nothing. If anything was to happen to her she would just be gone. She tried to spin it saying that my future children would do stuff I wouldn't want them do and not tell me.

I told her that I don't expect my children to tell me everything, that it's expected for them to have their own secrets. But they will have some self preservation. They may not tell me or their mother, but they will at tell a friend or someone else they trust.

 Anyway, she goes to the man's house. It's a big house, he got a lil money. As he offers her drinks that she takes, she finds out he has a son that is 24 years old. So there's no way he's 32, he is really 53. She still stays in his house.

He takes her on a tour of his house that of course ends up in his bedroom. She tells me that she was actually shocked that he tried to put some moves on her.  Reason finally caught up to her and she left his house shortly after that.

Please for the love of everything don't do anything like this.