Forgive Me

"Cheshire!" I heard a voice shout at me as I let out a sob. Trying to ignore the echo of the screams. "Chesh! " I hear the voice again as it strains to say my name.

"Please forgive me. Please." I say relaxing my grip as I drop to my knees. Feeling a sting on my cheek I open my eyes. Only to be met by a pair of blue ones. "Steve? Oh my god, Steve! I'm so sorry!" I say quickly as I return to reality.

Noticing the red marks on his neck I back away from him. Shaking my head quickly I stand.

"I'm so sorry Steve. I didn't know. I--" I begin as the words rush my lips. Feeling Steve come closer and enclose me in his arms I sob once into his chest.

"It's okay. I know you weren't completely here. I understand. I don't blame you." He says as he rubs my head as I tremble. "You okay?" He says leaning away some to look into my eyes.

"Yeah. This hasn't happened in a while. Sometimes I have these night terrors. They get out of control sometimes." I mumble as I lay my head on his chest. Feeling secure and safe for the moment. "I'm sorry if I hurt you Steve." I say slipping from his grasp.

"Nonsense. Now would you please explain to me who you were strangling and apologizing to?" He asked grasping my wrist before I could escape. Pulling me gently over to the bed. sitting beside me he holds my hand gently.

"I don't really know how to say this Steve." I say with a sullen chuckle as I lean on him. "Once upon a while ago I joined an assassins group. Named Nagasaki. They had been hidden for years since the Nagasaki bomb dropped. I was abducted and they trained me. My final test was to kill without mercy. I didn't want to hurt either of them. The mother or the daughter. But my sensai, at the time, threatened to kill my Uncle and Aunt. I had no choice. I begged for their forgiveness before I beheaded both of them. After that I went on a rampage. I destroyed their hide away. Burned it to the ground." I said with a sad chuckle.

"Before I left I found my Sensai trying to escape the flames. I held the same katanna that I'd killed the two with. He kneeled at my feet, begging me for mercy." I said choking on my words. Still feeling ashamed of my deeds. Steve urging me on with a squeeze of my hand. "I laughed. I told him: 'You told me to never show mercy'. And I killed him. I still haven't been able to forgive myself." I said with a shutter as I turned to him.

"It wasn't your fault. You had to protect the ones you loved. I don't hate you and you shouldn't hate yourself Vistiana. I know they both would forgive you." He sighs kissing the top of my head.

"Thank you Steve. May I see?" I ask him shyly as I touch his cheek. Nodding he moves his head to the side showing me his neck. Seeing a few half crescent shaped marks I run my finger tips over them. "Steve." I sigh as I run my fingers over his cheek.

"Don't. It's not your fault. And you don't see me upset." He chuckles holding my hand to his face.

"You are to wonderful for your own good." I tell him with a smile as I kiss his other cheek." Looking into his intoxicating eyes I grin my namesakes grin. "Come with me Steve!" I say eagerly as I climb off of the bed.

"Where are we going?" He asks warily as I intertwined our fingers.

"Exploring!"