Chapter 1 - Rebirth

OH GREAT /u/nysra I ASK OF THEE TO GRANT SHINE OF THE ARCHANGEL CHAPTERS A FANFICTION FLAIR- ahem.

"Oh, no, I'm doing that thing again where I start a bunch of fanfiction and finish none of them. I know, I know, I HAVE to finish The Defense Destroyers, but I saw the new transmogs and I just couldn't help myself. I'm hoping this is a one-shot story, because I really don't wanna take on the responsibility of another fanfiction when I already have ten million waiting for me."

This was the author's note I wrote when I first started this story. Sorry, past me, but it looks like we've got another fanfiction to fill the void of writing The Defense Destroyers. Basically, the main characters are the monsters from the newest transmog pic (minus Xiao Chun because I honestly tried to write him and I hate his character) plus Elsharion.

I hope you all enjoy this fanfiction, because I know this one's going to take just as much effort as The Defense Destroyers to write! I'd appreciate it SO MUCH if you could vote and comment on the chapters you like, too! Thanks again!

---

Chapter 1

Rebirth

Amelia

Let me tell you a story.

This is the story of how we caused the extinction of humans, by failing to defeat the madman who wanted to execute them all. This is the story of love and loss, and how monsters could go endless lengths to find the one they had lost so long ago. But I suppose we must have some back-story, before the tale begins.

Artamiel always blamed himself for the kidnapping of Elsharion.

In all honesty, it was a mix of everyone's fault – Elsharion's included. I could still remember the day that we lost him; the light Ifrit, the one who brought our team together at first to deal with the heavens and the underworld; things the legendary Defense Destroyers themselves couldn't even dream of. I am the guardian of starlight; I was the record keeper of the now broken group.

"The constellations never forget," I used to say. But I could never forget that day, no matter how hard I tried.

On that day, we lost Elsharion.

On that day, Artamiel disappeared without as much as a goodbye.

On that day, there were no more humans.

---

"Go for Woonsa first, Amelia!" Artamiel had snarled as he leaped up into the air, wings spread open and sword in hand. "He will destroy us all if we do not take him down before anyone else!"

"Yes, sir! Understood, sir!" I had saluted. Together Lushen and I performed a tandem attack on the Pioneer of darkness. The young man gasped in pain as the razor edge of Lushen's cards zoomed by him and sliced at his skin; followed up be a sharp blast of ice that froze him in his tracks.

Elsharion called out, "To your left, Lushen!"

Lushen threw a card to the left wall as told; slicing the throat of a Gina. The dark Mystic Witch gaped, her hand flying to her throat as she fell backwards; glowing red staff clattering to the ground. Elsharion threw a "well done" in his direction. Lushen grinned in return.

"I call upon the damned souls to rise up; attack this woman!" Grego snarled, bony claw closing as three hands rose from the ground and began to grab onto Kamiya's limbs; sucking the very life out of her undead body. The Kitsune's hairpin dropped out of her hair as she fell to the ground. The hands lowered back to below the ground, and a there was a newfound shine in Grego's blank eyes.