The Night

Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson, who goes by the name of JJ, had always been best friends. About 5 years ago in the 6th grade, they developed feelings for each other, and just last year, as freshmen in high school, they started dating in secrecy. They didn't want people to know yet because they were afraid of people judging them, and Jack was scared that someone would try to hurt JJ.

Nobody had suspected a thing about their "friendship, until one specific night.

JJ was waiting for Jack after a football game so they could go home together. Jack appeared and looked around real quick to make sure nobody was in the area except for him and JJ.

"Congratulations!" JJ smiled widely and hugged his boyfriend, standing on his toes to kiss him on the cheek.

"Thanks baby." Jack smiles back and leaned down to kiss his soft lips.

They had gone back to Jack's place to watch Netflix and cuddle, when suddenly Jack got a phone call from his friend, Nathan.

"Why didn't you tell me you and JJ are dating?"

"Ummm... how did you find out?"

"Its all over Instagram! Everyone knows!"

"W-what???"

"Yeah its a picture of you and JJ kissing. I'm assuming it was after a game or something."

"I gotta go! Bye!" Jack breathed deeply before turning to JJ.

"Who was that?" JJ asked.

"That was Nathan. He just told me that everyone knows about you and I. There was a picture that someone leaked of us kissing."

JJ started hyperventilating at the thought of everyone knowing his sexuality and publicizing the relationship between him and Jack. "W-what?"

"Shhh shhh JJ it's ok." Jack kissed his cheek. "Maybe it's time we came out and just told everyone. Let's walk into school on Monday holding hands. If anyone bullies you, I'll hurt them. They'll stay far away from you." He looked into JJ's eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." JJ leaned in for a kiss and hugged Jack, feeling safe in his arms.

Little did they know, that night would be the beginning to a whole new life. One they never thought they would experience or be apart of.