Chapter 6- Finally Finished

~Gwendoline~

I wake up with a scream. Once everything had gone black, I was thrown into a nightmare, just like normal. When I exert too much energy, several things happen, but the most prominent is that I'm thrown into sleep, and whenever I sleep, nightmares are sure to come. I look around to see if I'm in the same place I was when I passed out, and I am. Mostly, anyway. I'm lying on Patrick's cot, and he's standing by the doorway, his fist bunched around Logan's shirt, probably to keep her from going anywhere. He looks worried. Probably wondering what I was screaming about. Pete is still in his cot, looking around, trying to take in everything. 

"Gwendoline? You okay?" Patrick asks, and I nod. 

"Gwen, can you tell him to let me go? He's not only wrinkling my shirt but keeping me from going back to my room to get some sleep," Logan requests. 

"I'm not letting you go until you apologize to your cousin," Patrick says. 

"Apologize? For what!?" 

"Patrick, let her go," I say, but he was too focused on Logan to hear me. Or maybe he did hear me, he just ignored me to try and make a point to Logan. 

"For pushing her until she passed out, and using a nickname that obviously bothered her." 

"Why should I apologize for that? Maybe she should get over the nickname, and maybe she should let us out of this damn cave so she can go find people to heal and I can actually get away from her and have some freedom. And besides, she did heal his shoulder, did she not? About time she actually did some good healing work," Logan responds, and I see Patrick's fuse getting cut extremely short. 

"What? So completely healing me isn't good enough for you?" 

"It took her all day, and she couldn't even regrow your hand." 

"I chose to not get my hand regrown, you little-!"

"If I was the healer, I'd have healed all four of you in no time at all since apparently, I'm the only one of us cousins with any real talent!" 

"How dare you-"

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH!" I scream, and all three conscious people in the room look over at me, shocked by my outburst. Especially Logan. I slide off the cot, wipe my palms on my jeans, and walk over to Patrick, taking his hand off of my cousin and telling her to go to her room. 

"Gladly. I'm too good for you all anyway." She jumped out of the room, and Patrick looks over at me, shocked that I just let her leave. 

"Are you seriously gonna let her talk about you like that?" he asks, and I shrug my shoulders, before walking to Pete. 

"How are you feeling?" I ask, and he tells me that his shoulder feels better, but everything else still hurts. He then asked what had happened when I had overexerted myself. He tells me about a weird pain that he had felt. "Yeah, that's what happens when I use too much energy. It's only ever happened once. I was ten at the time. What happens is during the healing you and I switched pains. I was feeling your pain, and you were feeling mine. And then I obviously passed out after the healing had been completed. Now that I'm awake, I have to wait a little bit. My powers are locked for a short time, maybe thirty minutes, but when they unlock, they'll be at their full potential. I'll be able to heal you three in a few minutes when my powers come back." 

"You still shouldn't have done that," Pete says, and I shrug. "Seriously, what if you had done some real damage to yourself? Then what? We'd all be screwed." 

"Hey, it's all good. I'm fine. Nothing's hurt. Now rest up. I'll come back when my powers are unlocked again," I say, but Patrick catches my attention.