Chapter 1: Return to the Pillars

The Pillars of Nosgoth lay devastated by Kain's ill fated choice to refuse the sacrifice. As he approaches the scene of the destruction he remembers what he had told Raziel so long ago, "Suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day it lands on its edge..." Kain walks up to the ruined Balance Pillar to take a moment to take a look at the ruins but when he stops he starts to feel a familiar sensation... "What sorcery is this?" Kain says puzzled and alarmed. The Soul Reaver released itself from his backside and let out a huge pulse blast knocking Kain into the distance. It was then he felt it, it was the displacement he had felt when he and Raziel were in King William's chapel. The balance of power shifted. Kain stood back up and watched as the blade suspended itself in mid-air. "Kain!" said a distant familiar voice. "No it can't be!?" But Kain's discovery was interrupted as two demons dropped in from nowhere!

"Nosgoth is already damned! Face it, Vampire you have already lost!" Said one of the demons as they taunt Kain

Kain chuckles "what humble jokes you deluded pests make." Kain then jumps towards the floating Soul Reaver but it was then he found himself being pushed away by the blade as it started to emit a green glow from the eye sockets of the blade while the displacement intensifies and finally the blade hurls itself through the air and stabs Kain against the base of the balance Pillar! As Kain struggles to pull the blade out of his chest he sees the two demons being
attacked by an entity who then begins devouring their souls upon their defeat. "Kain?" The being questions as it walks up to Kain still struggling to get free from the sword. "C-could it be!?" Kain tries to speak but he begins to black out " It's you, Raziel!" "Don't fight it, give into it" Raziel says in a sarcastic, mocking tone and then turns his back and walks away from Kain as he suffers against the Balance Pillar, the very Pillar that would become the seat of his future derelict empire. Kain reaches his hand out to Raziel as he tried vainly to call out his name but it was too late. Kain last breath gave out and he passed out. Raziel turns around and says in another sarcastic tone "woe to the conquered" and walks away. "Now there was only one task left, to save Janos Audron, my new mentor from the filthy hands of the Hylden." He then sets off to find a way of finding Janos.

Meanwhile...

"What matter of creature are you!?"

Kain faintly finds himself greeted by another familiar voice. The man he sees standing before him was none other than his past self!

TO BE CONTINUED...