25

shauna's diary entry #25

the next morning I woke up and felt content with life.

and it was bizarre to feel that way.

I placed both my arms on either side of me as I stared at the ceiling- a smile growing on my face unintentionally as I pulled the covers up to my chin. so warm so happy.

to feel a mattress underneath me instead of the cold floor or cardboard rubbish someone had left beside a trash can ... to wake up on an actual bed naturally felt like a dream.

i had to pinch myself.

when I checked the clock on the wall, it was past 12 pm and I sighed. for once I could sleep, for once my nightmares didn't keep me awake- nightmares that were reality.

half an hour after being awake, I finally got out of bed and waited to use the toilet which hoseok was using. he didn't realise I was waiting outside because he sang loud and clear in the shower- so free, so happy. what a morning person.

and I smiled when I leaned against the bathroom door- relaxed. he aspires me to want to be like him.

after my shower which I forced myself to get out of, I changed into hoseok's clothes that he had lent me and i made my way to the kitchen.

the kitchen smelt like all things heavenly and I was surprised to see hoseok wearing an apron, flipping pancakes- moving his body and dancing alone.

dancing to no music. even without music playing it seems as though every minute of his life is continual music. it doesn't have to be physically heard but in his mind, he's dancing and merry.

so I sat at the table until he noticed me and when he did, he smiled the biggest smile and suddenly I didn't care about the food he was making.

he murmured good morning to me and placed different breakfast food in front of me. he made me a cup of tea even when I protested and he made me sit back down. "sh let me make it for you." so he did and it was sweet like him.

he started to munch on a buttered toast before taking off his apron, throwing it to the kitchen counter and he filled up his water bottle. "I have to head to work." he announced.

"I'm late but I'm sure they can deal with it." he muttered before a smile directed at me was shot. "I wanted to make sure you have a good morning."

how could someone smile so much in the morning? how?

hoseok eyed the dirty dishes in the sink after slipping on his jacket and ignoring his phone calls. "I'll wash them later." he groaned and flicked his hand.

"shauna!" he called out to me before he left his apartment. "if you want to go out, you know take a walk or something .. here's the extra keys." he points to the plant pot on the floor with a huff.

"have a good day- I'll be back soon." hoseok winked. "don't miss me too much." and he didn't even give me the chance to say thank you.

I felt like I needed to thank him every second of everyday.

and I felt more thankful when I went back to the guest bedroom to see pads on the bed with a note that said:

just in case? hope they're useful. I'm sorry women have to have periods it really sucks :( xxxx hobi

10 more chapters left :(