A little thank you

I was sat reading the newspaper with the light shining on the page. Violetta was at Fran's and Angie was at the Studio. I sat wondering what the outcome would be. Would Angie get her job back? Will she enjoy it? Will she quit again?

I was interrupted mid thought by a knock at the door. I slowly folded the paper up and chucked it on the coffee table. It felt good being able to do that without having Olga in my earhole shouting at me to move it. I made my way to the door and opened it.

"Angie!" I said. "Why are you knocking?" I laughed.

"well..." she said. She walked past me and made her way to the sofa. I closed the door and followed her, sitting beside her on the sofa. "I left my keys in your car." She kicked off her shoes and sat back on the sofa.

"Oh! would you like me to go fetch them for you?" I asked as I got up to leave the sofa.

"No no!" She shouted, "it's ok! I don't need them now, I'll get them tomorrow." She sounded eager for me not to leave, I don't know why...

"Alright..." I replied.

She sat back against the sofa and looked on her phone for a few seconds before throwing it on the coffee table.

She was really fidgeting and looked uncomfortable, like she needed to strech her legs. "You can put your legs across my lap if you want..." I said awkwardly, "you look like you need to strech your legs."

She looked at me for a minute. "C'mon, I don't bite!" I joked, hoping she would laugh. But she didn't.

She slowly placed her legs on my lap and I put my hands around her legs to seccure them there. "Thank you." She smiled.

I stared at her in amazement and I felt a smile spread accross my face. I didn't expect her to put her feet up, never mind smile at me.

"What is it?" she asked. "What are you thinking?" She asked, clearly reading my facial expression.

"Nothing." I said as I shook my head. "I just love seeing you smile."

Angie started to blush violently, so I decided to change the conversation. However, I love it when she blushes, she looks adorable.

"So, did you get your job back?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Sort of. I'm working part time. Monday and Thursday's and Friday's. That's all Pablo could give me." She replied.

"Well that's great! at least you have your job back!" I smiled.

"German, I'd just like to thank you" she said as she leaned her head on the sofa. I tightened my grip around her legs so they wouldn't fall off my lap.

"Thank me for what?" I aksed, a little intrigued.

"For not giving up on me. For standing by me. For being you. I know I've been a pain for the past three weeks, but I'm trying to change." She replied. She moved around a little bit in her chair and avoided eye contact with me.

"You know... You can always come to me, you know, if something's wrong." I hinted, hoping I'd get something out of her.

"I know I can... But, but not about this..." She shyly replied.

I decided not to quiz on this anymore today, she looked tired and that wouldn't be fair. "I was just about to watch a movie. Would you like to watch, too?" I asked. I saw the expression on her face and she looked like she was going to say no. "I'd be glad of the company." I added with a smile to try and persuade her.

"Okay, sure." She nodded.

I carefully let Angie's legs fall off of me and got up to put the film on. "This is one of my absolute favourites." I smiled as I sat back down beside her.

"What is it?"

"You'll have to wait and see" I teased.

I sat back down beside her and she shifted around her chair. She put her head in the sofa arm and continued to shift around.

"Angie, are you alright?" I laughed.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. I'm just trying to get comfy. Do we have any pillows? I can't get comfy." She said as she sat up straight again.

"I'm sorry, we don't. I gave them all to Olga when she retired, she loved them pillows!" I laughed.

"Oh, I'll just go and fetch one from my room." She said. She stood up but I grabbed her wrist gently. She turned to face me with a quizzed look upon her face.

"The films about to start..." I said as I looked into her eyes.

"Well then pause it..." She slowly replied, looking right at me.

"I can't find the remote..." I admitted.

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying you could always rest your head on me."

"German..."

"Come on, Angie. We're friends. I'd hate to see you uncomfortable." I smiled.

She looked unsure for a minute before titling her head and giving me a little smile "Alright." She shrugged.

She sat back down and put her head on my leg and we started to watch the film. I was really into the film, but it didn't seem that Angie was.

"German..." Sighed Angie as she looked up at me. I looked down on her and made eye contact.

"What is it?" I asked softly.

"Thanks for... You know... Being here..." She smiled. I smiled back to here, she's already thanked me once, but it was nice to hear it again. "I'll always be here, never forget that. We've been through a lot together. I care for you." I replied.

Angie smiled harder and I melted a little bit inside, I still remember the first time she smiled at me. "I know" she whispered before turning back to the tv screen. "I care for you too."

I smiled down at Angie and suddenly, watching my favourite film no longer seemed important to me.

[A/N short chapter, I know, I apologise, but a lot of you asked for an update so I've written this mini chapter. I'm back off my holiday now so updates should be more regular!]