Unexpected guest

"Angie, are you ready? Pablo will be expecting us in an hour!" I shouted from outside Angie's bedroom. I'm so glad that she decided to come to Pablo's party.

"Uh-uh." She mumbled.

"Why? What is it? Are you decent? Can I come in?"

"Yes, come in! I need your help!" She shouted.

I walked in and saw Angie looking in the mirror that stood at the side of her bed. I walked over to her and stood behind her in the mirror. I noticed that she was holding the top of her dress, unzipped with her right hand.

"I can't zip it up. Can you help me, please?" She asked softly as she looked at me through the mirror. I just nodded.

I stepped forward and carefully moved her long, soft, blonde hair to one side. I zipped the dress up and moved the hair back where it was. All this time I could feel Angie looking at me through the mirror, but I didn't mind.

I stepped back and Angie turned to face me. "Thank you." she smiled.

"No problem." I mumbled nervously. Standing so close to Angie made me nervous. But it was a good kind of nervous.

I looked at Angie and I noticed how effortlessly beautiful she is. Her hair fell over her beautiful dress, she wore little make up, which I loved. She's a natural beauty.

"Shall we go?" she smiled.

"Erm, yes, let's go!" I smiled.

"Okay, I've just go to do one more thing, I won't be long. You can just wait for me in the car if you like?"

I nodded before turning and heading for the door.

"Okay, let's go!" smiled Angie as she joined me in the car.

The smell of her perfume lingered all around my car and it smelled so familiar.

"That perfume... do I know it?" I questioned, as I sniffed up the scent again. I really liked the smell of this women's perfume. How manly of me.

Angie blushed and looked down at the ground. "Ah... yes... it's the one you brought me for Christmas. I really love it."

"I'm glad you like it." I said with a smile. "How come it's lasted you so long? I brought you that back when you were Vilu's tutor." I said as I started the car.

"Well... because it was a gift from you, it reminded me of you... I would wear it a lot around the mansion." I bet she blushed as she spoke, which made me find it hard to not look at her. "but then Esmerelda showed up and I couldn't wear it anymore. It didn't feel right." She said sadly, which made me feel even worse for treating her the way I did.

I really wanted to apologise for that, but before I had a chance she continued to talk. "Then when I left for France, I took it with me, but I couldn't wear it. It reminded me of home, of everything, but mostly you..." She went embarrassed at the end of that sentence, I could tell. I didn't think Angie thought about me at all when she was in France, but now, I think that maybe I did cross her mind sometimes. I really hope so.

I didn't say anything, I just put one hand on top of Angie's and squeezed it tight. I expected her to move her hand after a while, but she didn't, so I didn't move mine either.

After a while we arrived at the venue and our fingers were still interlocking. Angie realised this and pulled away awkwardly. I did too.

When we arrived inside the place was full, looked like we had arrived later than I'd expected. I spotted Pablo through the crowd and his face lit up when he saw Angie. Angie's facial expression however, was different. She looked nervous.