↠Funeral

I looked outside, seeing the men of the North arrive. I saw lord Elrond approaching the man at the front and I narrowed my eyes. The man looked almost familiar.

I jumped up when someone's hand laid on my shoulder. I turned around and saw my brothers standing behind me.

"Why don't you go see who has arrived," Daylor spoke up, "Faelar and I will take care of Thrain and Lúthien. Besides, you haven't left your room since you gave birth so we're not accepting a no."

I raised my eyebrow but sighed when I realized they were right.

"Fine, I'll go outside, but I'm not going to greet them. I'm going to train."

Faelar shrugged. "Whatever makes you happy."

I pulled my tunic straight, gasped my belt on and took my quiver and bow.

I left the room and was secretly happy I could relax for a while. Baby's really drew the energy out of you.

I descended the stairs and wasn't really looking where I was going when I bumped into someone. I took a few steps back, controlled my balance and looked up. It was the man that had arrived earlier on. The one who looked so familiar. I quickly murmured some excuse and walked past him.

I could feel him staring at me but I refused to look back. The color of his hair, the way he walked, even the way he spoke to lord Elrond earlier, it's like I know him from somewhere.

I shook my head, trying to get the strange man out of my head and focused on the task at matter; hitting my target.

I drew my bow and an arrow and pointed it at the target. I let go and the arrow hit his target. I quickly reloaded my bow and pointed at the other target on my right. The arrow hit his target again and lowered my bow.

A smile breeze blew my hair back and I smiled sadly.

Thorin.

3rd person POV
The man looked from his balcony down at the redhead who walked into him.

He didn't know why, but he found her interesting.

She's very good with her bow, he thought. He saw the red haired woman looking up at the sky when a small breeze blew her hair away. She smiled sadly and the sadness that she showed, almost broke the man's heart. He could tell that she had suffered pain and loss.

A knock came from his door and he turned around to see his fellow blond haired ranger coming in.

He nodded at the other man. "Hawk," he greeted him. Hawk smiled sadly and nodded back.

"Strider."

Hawk stepped closer. "It's almost time."

Strider nodded, glanced back at the red haired woman and left the room.

He followed Hawk outside towards the other who came with him from the North to pay their respects for his fallen father. He expected them to be here, what he did not except was the red haired woman who stood on the back of the crowd, trying to blend in.

Who is she?

Keira POV
The funeral was about to begin and I stood at the back of the small crowd, trying to blind in with them. I wanted to pay my respects but I didn't want any questions.

Unfortunately, a certain dark haired ranger noticed me and tried to walk towards me. Keyword; tried. I climbed into the tree before he could manage to pass the crowd. He looked around, confused and was about to look up when the blond haired man called him.

"Strider! We're about to begin!"

Strider. Strange name for an even stranger man.

The man, or Strider, went back to his people and kneeled down by the grave. He touched the ground and looked down.

My eyes flew open in realization when I suddenly recognized the man.

Aragorn!