Ch. 7- The Swordsman and The Blacksmith

Hey guys, Cloakzy here. Here's the long-awaited chapter of Standing Tall. I hope you enjoy.

June 24, 2024 Floor 48: Lindas

Third Person POV

Asuna was heading to her friend's blacksmith to get the rapier sharped. Asuna was thinking about what you asked her not that long ago.

Flashback

"Hey Asuna, do you know any good places that can make custom orders." You asked on your way to your house. "Hmm. I do know one place. It's called Lizbeth's Blacksmith Shop. I usually go there for repairs on my gear or to get the rapier sharpened." She said. "Do they do custom orders?" You asked, "Yeah, last time I checked." She said. You opened up your menu and put it as a reminder. "Ok, thanks Asuna." You said as you went back to your house.

Flashback End

Asuna's POV

"I wonder what he needed a custom order for?" I asked myself. I went inside Lizbeth's shop so I can get my rapier sharpened. "Hey Asuna, what can I do for you?" She asked. "Just to sharpen my rapier," I said as I grabbed my rapier and handed to her. We walked downstairs and Lizbeth sharpened my rapier. "Thanks, Liz. You're the best." I said I gave her some Col as payment. "Sure no problem." She said. "Aren't you supposed to go hunting with the guild today?" She asked. "Yeah, but I'm taking the day off. I'm sort of...meeting, someone." I said. I think Liz notice the earrings I had on, and because of that, Liz started to tease me. "So that it." She said, teasing me. "I-It's not like that," I said blushing. It was true, I did have a crush on P/N. We heard the bell ring, which meant I had to go. "I have to get going," I said, rushing out the door. I think I heard Lizbeth say something. "Did you say something?" I asked. "Nope, see ya around." She said as I left.

Lizbeth's POV

After Asuna left, I looked at an old picture I had on the wall. "I wonder if I'll ever find someone," I said to myself.

Y/N's POV

I was on my way to go to the place Asuna recommended. On my way there I saw Asuna walking by. "Hey Asuna," I said. "Hey P/N, going to the place I recommended?" She asked. "Yep," I noticed she was wearing earrings. "Why are you wearing earrings?" I asked. She started to blush a lot, could have sworn she was having a panic attack. "N-N-Nothing!! G-Got to go, bye!" She said running off. "Ok then." I walk into the shop and looked at the swords until the blacksmith is here. "Welcome to Lizbeth's Blacksmith Shop!" I turned around and saw a girl. "Hello there." *Obi-wan voice* I was wondering if you do custom orders?" I asked. I noticed she gave me a weird look but soon returned to normal. "I can, but the metal prices are kinda high." She said. "I'm not worried about da cost, I just want the best sword you can make right now," I said. "Well, I do make a lot of different swords. But, if you have an idea of your quality level, I can make it." She said. "Oh ok," I grabbed my sword and gave it to her. "I want something as good or better than dis." I gave her the sword, and she looked surprised at my sword. "An Elucidator...This is the gnarliest sword you can get from a monster drop!" She said. "Did you just say gnarliest? Can you make one?" I asked. She looked at me before giving me something that looked like a rapier. "This is the best sword I have ever made, I call it my masterpiece." She said. I gave it a few swings and this sword felt really light. "This thing is light..." I said. "Of course, I used a speed-type metal to forge it." I grabbed my sword and put it on my other hand. "Imma give this thing a test drive if you don't mind," I said. "If it breaks it's not my fault." She said.

I swung it but, it broke in half. "Uh oh..." I saw the other half fall on the floor and disappear. She screamed and tried to grab it, but it was too late. "My masterpiece..." The sword disappeared into crystals, "Oof." *Roblox death sound effect* She fell on her knees and just looked at the floor. "Uh, you okay?" I asked, a little shook about what just happened. She grabbed my coat and yelled at me, "What in the hell were you thinking?!" She yelled at me. "Well, I'm sorry! I didn't know it would break! There are test runs for a reason." I said in defense. "Is that your way of saying that my sword was lamer than you think?!" She yelled again. "If I'm being honest, yeah it is," I said. "If I had the right materials, I could make a billion of swords that can shatter your into pieces!" She huffed. "Sounds like what I'm looking for, something that can break my Elucidator," I said, with a grin. Her entire face turned red of anger, "I-If you're gonna be like that, then, you'll have to help me every step of the way." She said. "Sure, just tell me where to go and I'll get it," I said. "I wouldn't want my wittle blacksmith getting hurt," I said. "Don't you dare insult me, believe it or not, I'm an expert mace user." She said. "Sure, just tell me where it is and I'll go get it," I said. "On floor 55, there's supposedly a dragon that eats crystals on the Western Mountain. According to the rumor, it stores rare metal inside its body." She said. "Floor 55? Yeah, I think it's best if you stay." I said. "Not so fast, in order to get the metal, you need a master blacksmith." She said. I sigh and grabbed my sword and put it on my back, "Fine, just try to stay out of the way." I said. "Names P/N by the way," I said. "Yeah, whatever." She said. "So cold, and I'm just trying to be an upstanding citizen," I muttered. "Ugh." I heard Lizbeth said.