VI

VI

ONA

When I came home I immediately called Angel. She's furious at me because of what happened earlier. My ear got hurt because of her loud and irritating voice. And my sweet introduction became a one hour of bickering at her. And we ended our so called 'away' into burst of laughter. I announced to her the much awaited dream date with Kyohei and she wants details but I never give her a benefit of the doubt.

When the much awaited dream date came, I woke up very, very early. I went to a carwash and after that I went to a massage parlor to relieve my soreness of my body. I went shopping and I went to a parlor to have a make over. I don't want to be ugly in front of Kyohei. When lunch came I received a text from Kyohei.

Kyohei:

Hi! Meet me at the restaurant near the building. 😊

I sweetly smile at his text. My heart went wild in anticipation of meeting and dine with Kyohei. Fifteen minutes before the said time I happily seated beside a very wide mirror. Overlooking the very busy road and the cars that went in and out of the restaurant's parking lot. My smile faded when a very familiar black car approaching the restaurant. My eyebrows meet and my forehead knotted.

A smug smile of the annoying man I ever met went out of the car. He settled his eyes at me. His eyes shining in mischief. He dip his hands inside his pockets and walk in confidence inside the restaurant. The busy crowd of the restaurant become eerily quiet as he entered. The sets of eyes followed him striding his way towards me. My eyes rolled in annoyance.

"What are you doing here?" I spat at him. My teeth gritted at each other until I feel an ache. He grinned at me.

"I'm a bit suprised to see you here, Ona. I'm the one who's at right to question you, what are you doing here? Lunch break? But..." He lift his arm and click his wristwatch. "It's too early to you to take your lunch break. Hmm... let me guess... you didn't go to work? Tsk. You're a bad employee, Ona." He said.

He settled himself at the chair in front of me. Waved his hand to call the attention of the roaming waiters of the restaurant. When the waiter give the menu card. He give his attention to the menu.

"You don't answering my question, Oyo. What are you doing here?!" I said in a low growl. He snickered.

"I want this." He pointed something on the menu card. The waiter listed on his notebook what order does Oyo want. I crossed my arms as I leaned my back in the chair, waiting for Oyo finished his ordering mode. When the waiter finally went in the counter, Oyo faced me with his smug face.

"What is it, Ona?"

I stomped my feet with annoyance. My hands turned into fist and I want to smacked Oyo's face! And when I am about to shout at Oyo, Kyohei came. My eyes went out of the sockets.

"Sorry, I was late! I hope you wouldn't get bored. Oh... you have accompany.." Kyohei said as he approached me.

When he gave a peck on my cheeks. He noticed Oyo watching intently at us. A grim facial expression plasted on his face. My forehead knotted. What's wrong with this man?

"You ordered?" Kyohei asked. I didn't notice that the food served in front of us.

"I ordered this food." Oyo said in a cold voice.

I feel something fishy about Oyo. His happy in the first but when Kyohei came his mood become sour. Kyohei shrugged his shoulders and dig his utensils on food in front of us. While Oyo went quiet. What a dream date turns out to be a very awkward moment. I sighed in annoyance.

"Miss Ona, photocopy mo lahat ito isa-isa back to back," said the annoying supervisor of the marketing team where am I been working for almost a month now.