4

It was then that I thought it's just a bad dream but no. Oh, how I wish what happened last night was just a nightmare.

I look horrible, the bruises on my neck are swelling and it hurts a lot. My lips are swollen and there's a small wound on my lower lip. My arms are full of bruise marks even my back, his fingers can be traced on it. Not only that but also in between my legs stings keeps me from walking straight.

I felt like I've been torn into two. Oh God, I feel so cheap.

How could he just come home, so drunk and then forced himself to me?

Sure, there's this lust feeling inside of me but not like this. He made me feel like a priceless human being for goodness sake. He treated me like one those girls who would sell their selves for money.

How could he do this to me? Him, being sober is no excuse for his actions last night.

He didn't even apologize for what he did. He acted like nothing happened when he woke up. He spared me a glance but he didn't even bother to say something to me.

That just only proves that the Dash that I knew was long gone. The sweet boy whom I used to call a best friend was dead. He's nothing like the one whose so gentle and caring. He's a monster.

I had enough of this nonsense if it wasn't for my parents, I wouldn't be suffering like this. If it wasn't for money, I'm living life of the way I want it to be.

If it wasn't for our parents' we'd still be friends. I can accept that than this type of treatment he is giving me.

I'm done with this shit.

I should rent an apartment and get the hell out of here then I needed to find a job. I don't care about my company anymore since he controls both as a payment. I would rather let him have the company than let myself be the payment of my parents debts.

I made my way to my closet and grab my duffel bag. I only grab the clothes that I can surely use and I stuffed it all in my bag before forcing the zipper to close.

I quickly took a shower and put on some clothes before grabbing my duffel bag and make my way down to the garage and put my things inside my jeep.

"Ma'am, where are you going?" Nina, our maid asked.

"I'm just going for a trip, Nina. I'll be back in a week. I already told Dash about it, don't worry." I lied as I smiled at her.

"Happy trip, ma'am." She smiled and wave.

"Thanks." I waved back and took off.

It's exciting to took off and find an apartment of my own and to be finally free from him but it makes me feel nervous at the same time because he might drag me back into the house and beat me up again.

I parked my jeep in the parking area of an apartment called 1970's Apartment which looks like the most decent and normal looking apartment that I have seen.

"Hi, I-"

"Looking for a place to stay?" The front desk agent rudely interrupt.

"Yes." I said as politely as I can since this girl is getting on my nerves already with her rude attitude.

"7th floor is the only floor with available rooms in which I have 3 rooms available for you to choose."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure," She answered. "Bryan!" She shouted at the guy, who quickly ran towards us.

"Can you show her room 705, room 714, and room 731." He grabbed the keys and nod and he motioned for me to follow him towards the elevator.

"Is it a bad break up or is it you running away from someone?" He suddenly asked.

I was caught off guard by his question. Wow, I thought this guy was mute.

"Well, I just wanted to start a new life." I answered him, plainly. I don't want to give full information to a stranger.

"Okay, no pressure but I'm pretty sure it's bad break up with that bruise on your arm." He said which I quickly hide it with my hand.

"That's nothing." I said, shrugging it off.

"Whatever you say."

I quickly got out of the elevator as soon as it opens, not wanting another word from the guy.

We walk through the hall quietly as we came to a stop at the first room which is room 705. He unlocked it and when we got inside. It looks fine for my taste but the neighbors beside the room are very noisy.

I simply shook my head at him. Telling him that I don't want this room which he just nod in understanding.

We continued to the next room which seems fine and very peaceful for I can't hear the neighbors making noises like the previous room. And on the balcony, I can see Dash's house from a far.

But then even though I like the view and the atmosphere we still went to look at the last room which is also fine but too bright for my taste.

"So have you made up your mind?"

"I'll take room 714." I answered.

"Good choice. The neighbors beside your room is a sweet, nice old couple."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. They are also good at giving love advice." He said, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"What? It's true." He insist.

"Sure, but I'm not going to them for some 'love advice'." I said, emphasizing the word, love advice.

******

"He did what?!" Britney exclaimed. Her face getting redder and her eyes widen in shock and anger. "What the hell! I'm so gonna kill him this time. He has no right to do that to you."

I just keep quiet. I've have never seen Britney this angry with his brother. It's kinda scaring me.

Never mess with Britney Eleonora Edwards.

"But if you leave, what about the wedding? And if you don't marry Dash, all your parents debt will be paid by you and you'll lose everything."

"What? I thought my parents forced me into this engagement for the good of the company and to expand the company?" I asked, shocked by what she said.

"They didn't tell you the truth, didn't they?"

I barely nodded.

So all this time, everything I thought I knew for the reason that I'm marrying Dash is just all a lie? Why would they do this? What did I ever do wrong? That company means so much to me and it's fine by me if Dash would take care of it but to go down once the debts of my parents aren't paid. It's unacceptable!

"I'm so sorry, Spence."