2

you went up to the school's rooftop, just like every other day during lunch break. it wasn't because that you didn't have any friends, but just because you preferred to sit alone and enjoy the view from above. it was quite peaceful.

opening the door that led to the rooftop, the sound of someone sobbing had made you stop in your tracks. you tilted your head a bit to the left so that you could see who it was. it was a boy who was sitting on the bench, hugging his legs close to his chest.

kim taehyung? you wondered. why would someone like him be on the school's rooftop, crying even.

he doesn't notice your presence, and you were struggling with yourself wether or not you should just leave or go up there and comfort him. well, the first option seemed pretty smart considering the fact that you barely even know taehyung. although he's a year older, you only know him because he's what everyone talks about.

just as you were about to turn your heel and leave, you couldn't help but to give him another glance. and as if you were unable to control your body, you realized you were already walking towards him.

you sat down next to him on the bench, leaving a space between the both of you. he still doesn't notice you so you had to clear your throat to grab his attention.

"oh s-shit." he mutters when he realizes he wasn't alone. he quickly wipes his eyes and turns his body away from you.

you look straight ahead, not bothering to look at him because you know he feels embarrassed. shoving your hand into the pocket of your jacket, you grabbed the juicebox and slided it over towards him. from the corner of your eye you could see him staring at you with his brows knitted together.

"just take it, you probably didn't eat anything. plus it tastes really good." you say still looking straight ahead and not at him.

taehyung's mind was in a blur and it takes a while for him to process wether he should accept it or not, but he does eventually.

"thanks..." he mumbles softly, still embarrassed that he'd been caught crying by someone. you sigh before your lips formed a thin line, "it's nothing."

you got up from the bench, "i have no idea what's going on but, cheer up!" you smile at him before you left, not even bothering to bid him goodbye.

taehyung sits there, juicebox in his hand as he watches you leave. 20 minutes ago, all he could think about was when he saw his girlfriend cheating on him earlier. but now his mind was clouded with one question, who are you?