~14~

Dusty

I was released after my mom came to see me. But I didn't want to go back to my home. I would get questioned and it would just make me worse. But as Remington and I are driving back to his house, "Remington have you ever thought about moving out to our own house?" I asked.

He looks at me as I look out the window. "Dusty, do you want to go home?" He asked me

"No" I answered, tears slipping.

I fold my bottom lip under my top, to hold in tears. "Dusty, maybe your mom will let you move out and move in with me." Remington told me.

"Wait you have your own house?" I asked, turning my head to him.

"Yeah," He wipes my tears, "I bought it a year ago." Remington asnwered.

A small smile grew on my face and Remington grabbed my hand.

We were soon in my driveway, and mom was the only one home. Miles and Milo were in college this week, "Hey sweety, what's up?" She asked when I walked in.

"Mom can I talk to you?" I repiled.

She puts down what she was doing and came into the living room, "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Um, so I found out that Remington has his own house that he's had for about a year now. Um I was wondering if I can move in with him." I hesitantly said.

"Dustlyn, you can't move out you're only 17." My mom said, anger growing in her voice.

"But mom, you've seen how much Remington makes me happy! Why can't you just let me?" My voice was getting louder and I regretted it.

"Dustlyn, no, he's still bad news. I'm still on the hesitant side of it. I heard about what he did and how jealous he got of you talking to Brendon. Dustlyn for the last time, no." She said.

She hasn't used my real name in so long, I can tell she's really mad. Tears grow in my eyes and I run upstairs. I've thought about this for so long and now  finally get to do it. I'm running away. I'm leaving my phone behind and not letting anybody know where I am, especially Remington.

Once I finish packing my small backpack, I open my window and hop out, shutting it behind me. I hopped down and escaped over the fence.

I love you, but this is goodbye

Remington

*the next day*

Dusty hasn't texted me at all today. I've called her multiple times and she still haven't answered me. So I thought about going over, when I got over, I rung the doorbell. Ash came to the door in panic, "Remington have you seen Dusty?" She asked, breathless.

"No, I came over to see if she was okay." I answered, my whole body tensing up.

"She's not here, but she left a note for you and only you." Ash said, handing me the note.

Remmy,

So I left in reasons I can't explain. I'm sorry but I'm not returning, I'm ending this bomb that we have. Im in the dark, and you can't see beauty in the dark. For the last time...

I love you

-Dusty ❤

I couldn't keep it in anymore, I looked up and clenched the paper in my hand. "Remington please be careful when you go out." Ash told me as I walk to my bike.

"I will and I will return with her Ash, I promise." I told her.

I put my helmet on and then turned my bike on. I backed out and drove off. I headed down the street, on the look for my fighting angel.