Today is the Day

Pepper Stark had been pregnant with her baby for 9 months now. On August 10th she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Peter Stark.

When Tony first held Peter, it was love at first sight. He wouldn't stop holding him. He loved the kid more then anything in the world. Even though they first met, Tony knew he was going to be a great kid.

    The next day the Stark family came home from the hospital. After a whole day of getting used to a new baby in the house, Tony realised that no one can know that the Starks have a baby. He didn't want the press to be all over the new baby. Tony talked to Pepper about it and she agreed. "How about Parker?" Pepper suggested. Tony nodded, he liked it.

   Ever since Peter came into the family, even at home Tony wouldn't stop holding him. He loved him more then anything and never wanted to let him go. "Tony, you have to give him to me." Pepper said. Tony reluctantly gave him to her. "Fine" he said.

    Later, Pepper and Tony put Peter to bed and they finally had some time for themselves. They decided to watch a movie. 2 hours later JARVIS alerted them that Peter was crying. Tony ran so fast to his room that he almost face planted on the tile floor. "Tony! Your going to hurt yourself!" Tony rolled his eyes. "I'll be fine" he claimed. Next thing you know Tony stubbed his toe on Peter's crib. Pepper chuckled and Tony cursed under his breath. "You need to learn to be more careful when your around the baby." Pepper said. Tony agreed, he didn't want Peter getting hurt because he was so reckless. "Your right. I'm sorry, I need to be more careful." He put his head on her shoulder. She kissed his forehead and rubbed his arm. "I think I'm going to screw this whole parenting thing up. What if when Peter gets older he thinks I'm the worst dad ever?" "Tony, your going to be a great father. Peter is going to absolutely adore you. Look at him." Tony looked in the crib to see Peter smiling at him. He smiled back.

    Tony and Pepper left Peter's room and went to their bedroom. They changed into their pajamas and got into bed. Pepper went on her Stark Tablet for a bit, while Tony just lied awake in bed, thinking: am I going to be a good dad? Is Peter going to like me?

    He must have fallen asleep during his thinking because at 3:00am Pepper was shaking Tony awake. Tony was having a nightmare. He was dreaming that Peter died because he was being careless. As soon as he woke up, he grabbed Pepper and started to cry. She held onto him, just staying silent. She knew he must have dreamt something bad happening to Peter. After he was done crying he didn't let go of Pepper, and Pepper didn't let go of him. After 20 minutes of silence Pepper asked "what happened Tony?" "I had a dream that Peter died because I was being careless in the lab while he was in there." She sighed. "Im sorry Tony. Let's try to go back to sleep now, ok?" He nodded, but didn't say anything. The both let go of each other and laid back down. They both fell asleep within 20 minutes after they laid down.