chapter 2

Taylor

Life takes pity on us.

It stops us from wondering the dark void of nothing and lets us have the free will to do almost anything. Climb mountains, sail the seven seas, fly to the stars- the world is your oyster.

I step back from the computer, reading over that last line. No, no that's not right - delete that bit.

- the whole universe is your oyster.

I smile and nod. Yes that seems about right. I spin round and look at the clock, 3am. Groaning, I save the document, turn off the computer and flops down one my colourful bed. Ugh, why is it so hard to sleep!!!

I roll on back, stomach, both sides and sigh. Nothing seems to work these days. Eventually, I give up on sleep and start working on the sketch I did yesterday. Refining lines, adding colour –soon enough it was finished. I stared at the girl who stood before me, monotoned and grey, and smile. Her were eyes a pale gray, her skin was a dark night sky with cool undertones to match her placid expression. Her clothes were black and white, plain and simple. Yet her hair was in a loose rainbow of curls, framing her face and adding a splash of light across what would otherwise be an almost scowling impression. In other words, she looks more...at peace??? I don't know...it's strange...

Everything in my life is so dramatic, exaggerated, easy– what I wouldn't give for some quiet every now and again. I guess that's what I find comforting about art, it's a whole world of your own creation with limitless possibilities.

I should be happy really, my family's great and school doesn't equal death😂. But there's something missing. Some empty pit in my life that needs filling. It's...I don't know...

I have all the colours of the rainbow, everything to be thankful for, nothing to cry about.

But still I wonder, what would life be like without all the drama??? Would it be a calm flowery meadow where the sun hits the horizon at that perfect angle, forming a sunset of beautiful swirls and clouds?? Or would it be a boring grey box, dull and plain, where nothing ever seems to happen???

I guess I'll never know...

The Colour Withinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें