Jealous

A/N: Now that i think abt it, i haven't posted sth for ages , haha. This book is for coai one-shots, and I only posted this rushed chapter bc i dont want you guys to think im dead. I won't be posting much on this bc i'm working on my school stuff and on another fanfic that's detective conan, but not coai, just a different ship. 

He watches her blankly as she swoons helplessly over the television, or more specifically, Higo Ryusske.

Conan wouldn't say his annoyed, that will be an understatement. But he will never admit it, and he silently curses himself for even paying the slightest attention to the fact that Haibara loves that soccer star.

He traces his thumb unconsciously along the edges of the coffee cup, his lips pursed in sheer annoyance, as he hears a soft gasp escape from her lips, possibly because of the interception that Higo just made.

And he did not miss the faint tint of pink, that is still lingering on her cheeks after the soccer player used his shirt to wipe off his sweat, showing those refined abbs of his.

His eyelids lower in a sour manner, as it will whenever her aquamarine blue eyes widen delightfully at the sight of a goal he'd always inevitably hit. And he'd always found himself staring idiotically at those pairs of eyes like he had been drawn deep into it. It's not all because of the colour, even though the hue is very unique and enthralling, and he had to accept that just a small part of him is fascinated by the colour, but it was something else, something he could not place a fingertip upon.

What's the big deal about Higo anyways? Just because he knows how to score a couple of goals doesn't mean he's that great. It's not like that dude can solve mysteries in a matter of minutes and defeat criminals in a heartbeat. Plus, he could do a few tricks himself! And if he trains enough maybe he'll be a better player than him.

Dream on.

Conan shifts uncomfortably on the sofa, still lowkey pissed off about the whole situation. His cobalt blue eyes wander to the piece of clothing hanging perfectly on the strawberry blondes' shoulders. It was the shirt Higo had given her the last time they went to his soccer game. He saw her shivering and offered the shirt, even though it was hardly any use against the cold weather, but the fact that he gave it to her was enough to warm her up.

He did not want to admit it, but he was very bothered at the fact that the soccer star was WEARING it himself before he gave it to her.

And as a matter of fact, he was about to lend Haibara his but Higo was a step in front of him.

"You know," he starts, his eyes boring into the side of her head, "you're acting like those typical fangirls right now,"

She barely lifts her gaze off the television, her attention still concentrated at the sports star.

"Kudo, there's no need for you to trouble over my actions," she simply replies, her voice unwavering and mature, and not even taking a small glimpse at him.

"I'm just saying," he retorts, lips straightening into a dull line, "you're not like the normal Haibara".

An awkward silence envelopes between them.

"It's not like you know the normal me anyways," she whispers, barely audible. Haibara was sure that he didn't hear it.

"Huh?"

"Nothing, just let me watch this."

His eyebrows furrows and a taste of bitterness tingles his tongue. 

"Haibara, I need you to help me solve the latest case," he mumbles, half whining. 

"You are perfectly capable of solving it yourself Mr Holmes," she mocks, even if her attention is not on him. 

And he's not sure if it's his temper or just his pure impatience when it comes to Haibara showing the slightest interest to guys other than him. 

"Oi!" he rolls in front of her, cupping her face so that her eyes are upon his, "look at me!"

She can feel the heat creeping up to her face.

"Stop watching the stupid goddamn tv!" he said, mouthing every syllable.

A sprinkle of red appears on her cheek because of the proximity, before she hides it again with her calm facade.

"I see how it is," she coos, her voice in a soft calming sound, but her lips twisting up into her signature derisive smirk.

"What," it comes in a whisper, too distracted by her flawless features.

"Are you, jealous?"

His touch loosens as she takes off his hand her face, enjoying his speechlessness. She reaches for the tv remote in a controlled manner, purposely scrapping her fingers lightly across Conan's arm, making him shiver. 

"Don't worry detective," her voice in a ridiculously sweet sound that drives Conan insane, pressing the off button on the remote, "my heart belongs to you."

And she walks off casually, leaving him alone with his furiously beating heart and reddened face.

That woman's gonna be the death of me.