Reunited

Ok if you liked the past few oneshots I've done, then dont read this one. This is really bad because I nearly fell asleep just editing this. This is really bad and I just couldn't really care if it didn't make sense at the end. It's really all over the place and the structure isn't good. 

I just wanted to post sth coz it's christmas but im being serious dont read it. 

He nearly zones out for the fifth time in a row after losing himself midway through their conversation.

And as much as he realises that it's not the most respectful thing to do, he can't help but get drawn into the depth of those aquamarine orbs that resembles that of a time tunnel, bringing back the familiarity of the unique hue. He had made himself adapt to his everyday life without the colour again - or more so, the one who owned it - which was a difficult thing to do after years of staring into those eyes.

He had taken it for granted.

But you don't notice the beauty of it until it's gone.

Fate had been on his side however, which was rather surprising, seeing he had used that card too many times in his life-threatening cases. He had thought he used his luck all up.

"Kudo, will you kindly stop blanking out, or else I'll have to give your parents a call about this,"

He blinks rapidly a few times before he is able to register his situation. Who was once the most important person in his life is now sitting in front of him. (And he hadn't failed to notice the long wavy nature of hair which greatly contrasts to her old hairstyle).

Sure, he's beyond happy, but beyond confused too. He has too many questions swirling and blurring in his mind that he does not know which one to start with first.

"How-why-what-wait-" he pauses, "how is that after not seeing you for like what - 5 years? You suddenly come waltzing in my lecture, saying that you're the new teacher?"

He had come into his university lecture, like any other day, expecting the same old boring material that he has already memorised. That was until the strawberry blonde came in, he had first thought she was a new student, also noting the familiar shade of blonde he remembered in his past acquaintance.

It was not until she turned around had his jaw dropped, not only because of her beauty but because of the chance that the girl is, in fact, his past Watson, someone who he had missed dearly.

Shinichi knew for sure it was her when she started to talk.

Somehow he still recognizes the tinge of coldness in her voice, the almost monotonous sound yet it still played in his mind like a melody.

He knew no one else would possess a voice like that.

"What makes you think that I'll just spit information out like that," she coos, resting her arms in front of her chest, "after all, I would count that as confidential information".

He can't help a smile from creeping up to his lips.

This is what had been missing.

Shinichi recognises the signature sarcasm in her tone that had been the key lacking part of his life after she went. The sarcasm that was always messing with his head. And even though it sometimes left him confused and annoyed, it had been the trademark of Shiho. If she had lost that trait, she wouldn't be the Shiho he knew anymore.

She gets caught off guard for a second because of his unexpected smile, "why are you smiling like an idiot all of a sudden Kudo," her brows furrow in a suspicious look, "I don't suppose you found content in my reluctance,"