A Simple Recovery

When Izuku awoke, a strong feeling of sticky grogginess, but at the same time refreshing cool mint, was sponged over him. He wanted to keep sleeping, but Plexus was continuously telling him to wake up. He ran his hand through his tangled green hair.

"Alright! Stop! I'm awake! Geez." He wanted to take a shower, but he understood he could barely walk on his own. Izuku hated feeling dirty, so stuck in that bed, even if he couldn't see anything.

Wondering if anyone was there, he called out into the void.

"Hello? Anyone present?" He heard footsteps.

"I'd like to take a shower."

"Well, I'm not a doctor, but I can ask if you're allowed to." Todoroki spoke. Izuku relaxed a little, and smiled in a random direction.

"Could you do that?" He says with a hint of despiration. Placing his hands together, which were weighted with wires and plastic trinkets that were hooked up to different machines.

"I really can't handle being so dirty." Todoroki nods, then turns for the door.

"Todoroki? Where are you going?" He mentally relapsed. He can't see you nod you idiot. Then told him he was going to ask.

Izuku sat, conversing with Plexus as usual. He liked his mind being filled with useless and helpful facts, a plethora of information stored in his brain. At that point he was a genius, but did his best to act normal. Though his formal speech was hard to turn into casual sentences.

"No- It's not that simple. I have to keep going to U.A. I've memorized the courses, and since there's been summer break and fall break already, I've only missed four months of school, minus the amount I've already attended, there's still twenty-right weeks left. That's plenty of school attendance to go on to second year." (Japanese school years are different)

"But you have a disability now. It's unacceptable to try and keep putting yourself in danger. Yes you can participate in general studies, but going back to training to be a hero is too dangerous. I can have you hurting yourself on my watch."

"But what if we work together! You're my eyes and occasionally my body! It's perfect, I have a plan."

"I'd feel better if you discussed this with your mother and the doctor. You're getting a full physical soon, then they decide if you can be cleared, so why don't we discuss it then." Izuku huffed in irascibility.

"I don't th-" The door clicked open, and a twosome of steps entered the room.

"Todoroki here says you'd like to take a shower?"

"Yes! Please! I feel disgusting." He sighed.

"Well, we can't let you do it on your own, so you'll have a male nurse assist you if that's ok." Izuku felt a slight heat had raised to his cheeks, but ignored it.

"Fine. Just get him quickly."

"I'm happy you agreed. This will improve your mental state greatly, considering your homosexu-"

"SHUT UP! Shutupshutupshutup!!!" The doctor turned back towards Izuku, along with Todoroki.

"I- I uh~ I was talking to Plexus. He said, some, embarrassing things." Izuku pouted slightly. He himself hadn't accepted his sexuality. He wasn't going to let the robot in his head poke around that area. It was sensitive for him.

* * *

After an awkward shower, with soft scrubbing that aroused the senses and left Izuku glowing, he was left in a different room in the one he was in before, and told him he was to have his physical. He was more chipper than usual, and was humming happily to In The Hall of The Mountain King. He let his mind wander to the nose numbing smell of pharmaceuticals. Morphine, opioids, hydrogen peroxide, hand sanitizer, and saline. He didn't like how they filled up his mind, obnoxiously shoving themselves into his nasal cavity.