5 ‣ easily

"Haru!" Captain Kim's voice repeats, somewhere behind you. You don't want to make the mistake of looking back, so you walk a little quicker. He does too. "Haru!" He calls louder.

Keep walking, just keep walking.
Pretend you can't hear him.

Walk faster, dammit—

"Hey, hey! Wait up," You hear his footsteps start to speed up. He's loud enough for you to hear and you both know that. You have no choice but to pause.

"Capt—" You start, trying to seem like you're in a rush.

"So, it is you. What are you doing here?" Taehyung asks, approaching you carefully, keeping a close eye on his surroundings. You want to walk away, but it's much too late for that. "Don't tell me you—" his brows start to furrow.

"I came to drop something off for a friend." You lie quickly, scolding yourself for not coming up with something better. He doesn't seem to believe you. "I was just leaving. You shouldn't be talking to me. Guards get to talking." You glance toward the entrance.

"A friend?" Taehyung disregards your last words, furrowing his brows at the ones he just repeated. "What friend? I didn't know a girl like you had friends in prison."

"Yeah, we don't know each other well enough for me to be telling you my friend's names. Especially when you're a police captain and he's behind bars." You evade a direct answer, not being able to maintain eye contact. "See you around, Captain Kim."

"Hey, hey, woah," Taehyung takes your arm right as you move to walk back towards your car, causing you to stop and exhale in slight annoyance. "What's the rush? It's not like I'll add time to his sentence. I'm not allowed, unless he does something bad again."

"Why so much interest in him, huh?" You ask, just trying to keep avoiding a name. "Look, Captain, I know you're new around here, but if you have someone tied to you in prison, people don't like you. They don't trust you. So, you don't talk about it. Good day."

"So, no one in town knows you're here?" He asks, pulling you back yet again as you're now at your second attempt of walking away. "No one knows about this friend of yours?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Since when do town cops come up to the penitentiary? Isn't this not your problem? Don't other cops take care of things here?" You answer his questions with more, hoping he'll let you go soon as some guards take notice of you two.

"Yeah, other cops do take care of things up here, but I wanna get to know this town, babe. My town." Taehyung answers, letting go of your arm knowing you aren't going to walk away just yet. "Especially this place. There's a guy in here. A guy I wanna meet. The sorry excuse of a man who took everything from me."

"Well, then go meet him and leave me alone." You look him in the eyes, having a pretty good idea of who he's talking about. "If you wanna get to know the town, here's a brief lesson. I'll give it to you free. Everyone knows everyone around here. These guards, these visitors, they know me. They know where I work, and they all just saw you get a little too close to me. What's your uncle gonna think?"

"My uncle? He'll think whatever bullshit I want him to. This has many explanations." Captain Kim answers, looking you up and as you shift your weight on your right leg, waiting for him to begin to walk away first.