Love Songs

Prompt: 'I went over to your room because you were blasting music, to find you lying in piles of pillows and sobbing listening to some love song and now I don't know what to do.'-Pinterest

Pairing: Juleka x Rose

~~~~~~~

It can feel horrible to be akumatized. To have Hawk Moths voice in your head. To hear him whispering to you, telling you—no, forcing you—to do exactly as he says. To enact evil plans to bring the downfall of our two great protectors of Paris; Ladybug and Chat Noir, and even attack some of your best friends. I know this because I speak from experience.

It happened to me a while ago when I turned into Reflecta. I was filled with so much anger at the world. To see something similar happen to my best friend, I... I just need to make sure she's alright.

I anxiously tap on her front door and wait. I'm met with silence. I twist the door nob, only to find it locked. Roses parents aren't home and knowing Rose, shes probably upstairs listening to some death metal band in her headphones so loud she can't hear me.

I turn to a clay flower pot, holding some kind of purple flower. Luckily, Rose and I have been friends for so long I know where her family keeps their spare key.

I lift up the edge of the flower pot and feel under it. My fingertips brush along something smooth and cool. I peel the key off the bottom of the pot and set the pot gently back down.

The key unlocks the door easily, and I tear it open. I race up the stairs to Roses room and knock on the door. The muffled noise of roses sobs make their way through.

"Rose, it's me. Let me in," I knock once more before slowly twisting the knob and peeking in. "Rose?"

Rose is curled up on her bed crying into a baby pink pillow. She has her headphones on and hasn't seemed to have noticed that I'm here.

I rush over to her side and place my hand on her shoulder. She looks up at my touch and wipes her eyes on her sleeve. I slide her headphones off of her ears, expecting to hear the dark sounds of heavy metal, but instead, I hear the sweet tune of what sounds like a love song. Before I can register what song was playing, she pulls away from me and shuts off her headphones.

She pulls her knees up close to her chest and sniffles, "J-Jules... What are you doing here?" She asks, blinking back tears.

"I heard about the Akuma attack, and I just wanted to make sure you were ok, and-" I begin to ramble before Rose engulfs me with a mega hug.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to hurt anyone... I don't know... I could have hurt someone... I could have hurt you," She starts to sob again, this time into my shoulder. It almost physically hurt me to see her like this.

I consoled her, "It's not your fault, it could have happened to anyone," I wrap my arms around her as she continues her crying.

She begins to sob more violently, "I... I don't know... wh... what I would have done..."

"Its ok," I reassured her. "Everythings going to be ok."

~

After a while, she calmed down and fell asleep in my arms. I don't know exactly when I nodded off, but I do remember the feeling of her head against my chest and hearing her quiet snores as I drifted asleep.

~~~~~

So, how did you guys like it? Sorry if they were a bit OOC, but I think it was a good fic overall.

What do y'all want to see more of? Comment pairings and prompts and I'll probably do them. I have a loooong bus ride in the mornings, and I need to do something to pass the time.