three

The lock from his cell clicked, Mook Jin sat upright as he waited for the stranger to enter, it was like a horror movie in real life

The lock from his cell clicked, Mook Jin sat upright as he waited for the stranger to enter, it was like a horror movie in real life. The door that was made out of pure metal creaked outside slowly, painfully loud making a squeaking noise as a big figure went inside.

It was the big one, he smirked at Mook Jin who was giving him a questioning look, hiding the fear behind the inside of his soul.

"H-hey there, buddy, what are you—what are you doing in here so late? How did you even get out?" Mook Jin questioned coolly, not making the fear in his voice obvious.

"Do I look like the type to let a pipsqueak like you get away with something you stole?" The big one walked forward, making Mook Jin arch backward, still keeping his cool.

"Well if you see it my way...it's like borrowing without the sharing and returning the part, you know?" He joked, but like the tense atmosphere, his small laughter died down as he gulped.

He was suddenly pulled by the collar of his shirt, being dragged away outside, 'Where are the officers when I need them,' he thought to himself.

His hard bottom met with the cold, hard stone as he was in like a cell but worst.

The big one rolled his sleeves up, revealing tattoos of all sorts making Mook Jin protest as the transaction he thinks that will happen.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, Buddy, buddies don't hurt buddies okay? I'm sorry alright, there I apologized, can we all gorge-gorge about this now?" Mook Jin pleaded lightly, putting his hands up signifying his surrender.

The big one scoffed at his behavior as he pulled Mook Jin up by his collar again, and off his two feet.

"Consider this, a buddy tucking his pal to bed."

In an intense blow, his eyes and mind were surrounded with black.

━━━━━━━━━━

It was the utter silence, that has woke him up- never in the past years, did he ever was surrounded in silence. His body ached so much, that he wondered what did he go through last night. The images of his cell's door opening in the dead of the night, a huge figure approaching him- he remembered.

What his name, knocked him out in one blow. 'Great job on keeping your cool image,' he thought.

A gentle hand caressed his cheek. If he could move, he would have jumped and sat up, but alas, he couldn't move his finger just yet. His body ached to the point that it was tiring to move a muscle.

"My son," a strange but soft voice whispered in his ears. Son?

He wanted to wake up to tell the lady, that she got the wrong person. She started speaking quickly, that it was hard for him to catch up with whatever she was saying. Although she was speaking hastily, her voice was lenient and soothing, that he almost fell asleep.

After five minutes of listening to her speaking, the sound of footsteps echoed throughout the room. The woman's hand left his cheeks, the warmth disappearing. "Ma'am," a rough voice said.

The sound of heels clicking, indicated that the lady moved closer to the man. The hushed whispers annoyed him to the extent that he snapped his eyes open. How he wished that he didn't do that. His eyes were blinded by the sudden lights.

He blinked, once, then twice, to adjust to the brightness of the room. Once his blurry vision came back to normal, he looked around. His eyebrows knotted in confusion, 'Why am I in a fancy hospital room?' he wondered.

Then his eyes shifted toward the source of the hushed sounds. There stood a tall, elegant, woman with her back towards him, and a man in a white coat, the doctor, he guessed. He slowly sat up, wishing again that he didn't, it felt like a bunch of shards of broken glasses trickled down his spine. "Shit," he mumbled weakly.

Oddly, the sound that left his lips didn't sound like him, at all. He sounded deeper than he already did. He cleared his throat, to fix his voice- but by doing that, he caught the attention of the woman and the doctor that was by the end of the bed. The woman turned around and breathly called out, "Jae Kook."

'Jae Kook? Jae Kook, who?' He questioned. When he was engulfed in an embrace by the lady, questions filled up his head. "How are you?" the woman asked, once she let go.

Rather than replying to her question, he asked, "Who are you?"

The woman was taken aback and turned to the doctor, "What's wrong with him? Why doesn't he know me? I am his mother for goodness sake!" Mother?

'What the hell is happening?' he looked down at his wrist, where he found a wristband with Nam Jae Kook written on it. He looked around for a mirror, anything to see his reflection. To his luck, he found a small framed mirror on the nightstand beside him.

He stretched his arm to reach it, and once he finally touched the edges of the frame, he fell off the bed. Not bothered by the sudden pain he felt, he looked at the reflection of the mirror and blinked a couple of times.

"What the actual fu-" Mook Jin was cut off by the woman, who rushed to his side and helped him stand up.

 ━━━━━━━━━━

written by Ierea Yuuri Fujikawa & Mino Atlas