Ⅰ. Bad Dreams

Jungkook | April 6, 2015

It's been one month. One month since I woke up and three weeks since Taehyung and I had our talk. Today is my first day of school since then.

My mom is still overprotective, she doesn't really want me to go. But I guess that's normal considering what happened. My dad on the other hand thinks it's important I don't let it affect my whole life and education and I agree with him. Hence I'm going to school today.

I'm not looking forward to it anyways. I know it's important and all but I still hate school. But I'm seeing Taehyung again and that's enough to make me want to go.

Taehyung and I have talked almost everyday since then. We didn't see each other in person very often but we at the very least talked on the phone every night before going to sleep. I love him so much it hurts.

With a sigh, I comb my hair for the third time, not wanting to leave my room. I'd rather just stay in bed and sleep the day away. Sleep everyday away.

I shake my head, wanting to get rid of those thoughts. I'm supposed to be happy now, I have everything I've ever wanted. I have no reason to be so depressed anymore. Seeing Taehyung would surely cheer me up.

"Jungkook?" I hear my mom's voice from the other side of the door, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I answer, putting the comb away finally.

She opens the door just so, peeking her head in. She bites her lip as she takes in my appearance and sighs. "Are you sure you want to go? You know you can stay home for a few more days, I don't mind..."

"Mom, I'm sure, okay?" I interrupt her, "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

She takes a deep breath and nods. "Okay, sweetheart, if you say so. But if at any point you feel like you can't handle it anymore, I want you to call me. Promise me, Jungkook."

I suppress the urge to roll my eyes since I know she's just worried about me and I can't blame her for that. I nod and smile at her, "Okay, mom. I promise I'll call you if I don't feel well."

She sighs in relief and smiles at me, though it's shaky and obviously forced. "Good. Come eat breakfast, honey. And don't forget to ask Taehyung if he wants to come with us tonight."

________________

"Jungkook!" Someone calls out as soon as I enter the building. I turn to see Jimin running over to me, wearing a huge excited smile. I attempt to smile back but it's small and barely there. It's not easy.

When he reaches me, he gives me a big hug and I lift my arms to hug him back. I haven't seen Jimin a lot since that day, but we did meet up a few times. I'm glad to see him.

"Hey, Jimin," I say after he pulls away.

"I didn't know you were coming back to school today! If I'd known, I would've walked with you," he says as he pulls me away from the school entrance and towards my locker.

"Yeah, uh, sorry. Forgot to tell you," I lie. I didn't forget, I just don't want to tell him. I know he worries about me, just like my parents, but sometimes I just want to be alone. But there's no need to tell Jimin that and possibly hurt his feelings.

He starts rambling on about his favorite TV show or whatever, but I don't listen to him as I am distracted. I freeze when I see Taehyung leaning against my locker, probably waiting for me. A big smile takes over his face when he spots me and I start walking again, picking up my pace.