The First Meeting

~Lauren Hope~   

        I came running down the street with my high heels on and barged through the door into the restaurant when I saw Greyson was about to leave.

        “Greyson, wait!” I called as I ran toward him without looking down. Suddenly, I tripped over a leg of a chair and I thought I was going to fall and embarrassed myself but instead, Greyson caught me in his arms and managed to save me from falling hard and probably break some bones. Our eyes met and God his eyes were beautiful. My heart was beating twice its usual speed as he kept staring into my eyes as if he could see right through my heart. We stayed like that for a few seconds if not minutes, staring into each other’s eyes.

        “Um, thank you,” I spoke, breaking the silence. “I don’t know what would happen to me if…”

        “It’s okay,” he cut me off as he helped me to stand again. “No need to thank me.” He smiled. I smoothed my dress and fixed my hair.

        “I’m so sorry I’m late. I woke up early today ’cause I’m so excited to meet you and then I fell asleep again and…” I trailed off when I saw him giggling as he looked down at the ground. Damn, he looked cute! “Why are you giggling?”

        “You really talk a lot and really fast you know that?” I could feel my cheeks reddened. That was so embarrassing!

        “Yeah sometimes,” I replied. He was staring at me again. Why did he keep staring at me? Was there something in my teeth? Or was there something on my face? “So, don’t you want to sit or anything? People has starting to stare at us.” I whispered.

        “Oh yeah, sure. Sorry about that.” He led me to a corner far behind, and there was a table that was reserved for us and pulled out the chair for me to sit on. I’d never imagined that he could be so gentleman. Oh, how sweet of him.

        “Thank you,” I said. After I’d settled in my seat, he scurried over to sit opposite to me. The table was just a small round table made for two so we were really close even though we’re sitting opposite to each other. It was romantically set for us like we were really on a date. There was a vase of roses on the table (though I don’t really like roses, I’m more to lavender) and the table was covered with red-blood sheets and the chandelier casted a dim lights above our heads.

        Then, the waitress came to take our orders. It looked like I was in some kind of a five-star hotel restaurant.

        “May I take your orders, please?” the waitress asked with a small notebook in her hand and a pen in the other, ready to take our orders.

        “One apple juice, please,” we ordered simultaneously as we looked at each other and giggled. Then, there was an awkward silence.

Wow, we just ordered the same thing! Okay control yourself Lauren. You don’t want to make a fool of yourself in front of ‘The’ Greyson Chance!

        The waitress cleared her throat, breaking the pin drop silence. “So, two apple juice. Anything else?” she asked in a flat tone.

“Oh, sorry,” Greyson replied with an apologetic smile. “That would be all.” And she went off to make our simultaneously-ordered-apple-juice. I propped my heads up on the table with my hand and stared at his cute lips, his chubby soft cheeks, his freckles and his soft brunette hair that fell slightly to the side just above her eyes.