The Right Girl

~Greyson Chance~

I walked around in the living room, looking at the pictures on the wall. I stopped at a picture of a little girl and a middle-aged woman crouching next to her in a park, which I assumed was Lauren and her mother. She was so cute in the picture with her hair tied up in pigtails, wearing a black mickey mouse dress with a white polka dot all over it. She was squinting in the bright sunlight and was struggling to smile but she managed to give the sweetest smile I'd ever seen on a little girl. A lot of pictures of her were hanging against the walls from the day she barely knew how to walk until she became the beautiful girl she was now. But something was missing in all of the pictures.

Her father.

I noticed her father wasn't in any of the pictures. Not even one. Either that her father was just not the type of guy to be in pictures or...maybe she didn't even have one.

"Hey," Lauren uttered. "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing, I was just..." The moment I turned to look at her I was stunned and I fell silent. She looked so perfect standing there in her pale yellow sundress and her dark blue flat sandals. She wasn't wearing any make-up on yet she looked like the prettiest girl I'd ever seen.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she blushed as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Then, I realized I was staring at her so I quickly apologized.

"I'm so sorry. You just look...beautiful."

"Oh, stop," she waved. "I wasn't even trying. This is totally random and I just threw this on." I could see she was extremely blushing by now and she was trying so hard to hide it. It was funny to know that I did that to her and I couldn't help it but let a small smile escaped my mouth. We were just standing there for quite a few seconds yet it seemed like I'd been standing there for hours!

"So," I cleared my throat as I stepped closer toward her and offered her my arm. "Shall we?"

She smiled and for a split second she looked exactly like when she was a little girl in her polka dot mickey mouse dress. She looped her arms through mine and we walked out the door toward my mini cooper which my mom rented for me. Come to think of it, I missed 'Moses', my vintage ford mustang. I had been abandoning him since I started to go on tour. It was the first car I bought since I got my license but I didn't get the chance to drive him that much. Hopefully my dad was taking good care of my little baby.

"Where are we going?" Lauren asked, once we were both buckled up in the car.

"Somewhere, I won't tell you," I replied, starting the engine. "Yet."

"Awww, c'mon!" she pleaded. "I want to know where you're taking me. Please please please pretty please!"

"Nope." I answered with a smirk on my face as I started to drive. "You'll know when we get there. Besides, it's not that far."

"Whatever you say." She leaned back and smiled. I turned on the radio full blast and started singing along to Rude by Magic that was being played. I was purposely singing it out loud and badly.

"Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too? Why you gotta be so rude? I'm gonna marry her anyway." She threw her head back and laughed as she clapped her hands together like a retarded seal. It was hilariously cute that it made me laughed too.

"Stop doing that, you look so stupid!" she said between her laugh.

"C;mon! Sing it! Marry that girl. Marry her anyway. Marry that girl. No matter what you say." She laughed even harder this time but then she trailed off.

"I'm sorry. I had such a bad laugh."

"No, it's cute." I blurted before I took a quick glance at her. That's when our eyes met and adrenaline suddenly rushed through me. I almost lost control of the wheel but thank God I didn't as I quickly took my eyes off her and focused back on the road. None of us spoke after that. We just sat there in silence for the rest of the ride with just the sound of the radio filling up the empty spaces between us.

***********************

"Wow, you set this all up?" Lauren was surprised to see I set up a picnic spot for us at a park. I had It was a bit hidden from everyone else because only me who knew this particular spot. It was a great view and I love to come here whenever I feel depressed or just looking for ideas to write a new song. The place was surrounded with beautiful red-blodd roses and pure-white lilies and soft-purple lavender. The grass were so freshly green and it had an enourmous tree that was big enough to shade us from the burning sunlight. It was a perfect spot for both of us. "How can you be so soure I was going to come?

"Well, I'm Greyson Chance. No one could resist me." I bragged and she burst out laughing.

"Well, I can't argue with that you are irre...woah!" she didn't get to finish her sentence as she tripped over some roots that was concealed by the grass. I quickly grabbed her arm fast enough before she hit the ground and pulled her back up. We were now standing close to each other, eye to eye, face to face. My heartbeat was getting faster and faster, twice its usual speed. We were staring into each others' eyes for God-knows how long. The time seemed to stop and froze around me and I was unable to breath properly like the air was stuck in my lungs. We just stood there rooted to the ground. I've never had this feelings before yet I love the way it made me feel. Because at that particular moment I just knew that I had found the right girl.

.........................................................................................................................

a/n:

Awwwwwwww!!! He's falling for her!!! how sweet.... But!! if you think they're love is the happy-ever-after kinda love, you just got it all wrong........................ coz this is just the beginning of their life journey...