How we begin...

Baby wind casually asked:

"Mommy, why do I exist?"

Mother wind looked at her little child with a motherly smile, slowly answered: 

"You came from me, my dearest. You are a part of me."

"Does that mean I don't have my own life then? Will I have to depend on you forever?", saddened baby wind.

"No, my child. Once you get stronger, you can be on your own!"

"But how do I know when I am strong enough?" 

"When the time comes, you will know, my love. The moment you reach out and span fields after fields. When you can provide lift to the falling leaves in the Fall, carry snow flowers through the pine woods in the Winter, transport the sweet flower scent to the next town in the Spring, and bring rain clouds from the ocean to the vast plains in the Summer."

"But how can I become strong, mommy? I am so weak. I feel afraid."

"Come here, my child. Let me give  you a hug. Don't be afraid! Keep your eyes open, keep your arms extended. For each stroke you take, a new puff of air will be added to you, little by little, you will grow big and become strong."

"Then, how do know which direction to take, mommy? I don't want to be lost...in the world. I will be sad and lonely. I will be pitiful, mommy."

"Don't worry, my dear. Use your best judgement at that moment. If you encounter a blockade, you will bounce towards another direction. Your power may be reduced a little, but you will regain it over time."

"What if I become too strong and evil, mommy? Others will hate me. I will be shunted. And what if I become too weak? Everyone will disrespect me, abandon me."

"Oh, my child. I would not want you to become too strong and evil either, like a tornado that brings deadly forces capable of uprooting houses and trees. It's deadly, for millions. I also wish that you won't become too weak. Because once you do, your season is over. I hope you can live for a long time, happy and free. But, living in this universe, amongst billions of other factors, it is possible that you may become evil or frail. I hope and pray that you will be wise enough to surround yourself with enough positive energy to keep a healthy balance, for as long as you last...in your natural span."

"But how do I do that, mommy? I want to know how!"

"The answer to that question comes as we roam the world and learn, my love. We can't expect to know when we haven't explored enough. I am still trying to figure it out. I have traveled to many places, and learned... from the young wheat stalks, the old corn kernels, the sparrows in love, the rain drops, and the lemon scent.... As I brush through them, I feel their touch, their love, their life stories. They divide me up, keep my power in check, yet allowing my force to lift them far. So, the key to that answer is to embrace every little thing on your route, my child. Hold them with love, stroke them with gentle affection, give a little of yourself to each, and let them give you a part of themselves."

"Mommy, the trees seem free. The birds seem free. The clouds seem free. The flowers seem free. Are they not? I also want to be free! But why are humans so occupied? Look at that girl through her windows, mommy! Why is she sobbing on her desk? Is she writing a love letter? Her eyes are the seas of sorrows. She looks so lonely."

"My child, freedom is both a state of mental sovereignty and a state of physical liberty. Some people can remain happy even in the face of hardships. These are generally optimists. But some cannot smile even when they achieve the biggest accomplishment. These are generally the pessimists. Some others, my child, just have it harder than most, in many possible ways. Rough life, rough love, rough encounterments. Thus, it's not easy to feel happy."

"Have you met many humans, mommy? And know how they live?"

"Yes, my child. I have met many. From young to old, poor to rich, sad to cheerful, popular to solitary. Each of them carries a meaningful life story, with so much wisdom and respect. Let's go up that hillside, I slowly will tell you the story of the humans I met."