Chapter 12: I'll Be Here

"NO!" Ludmila shouts, "THEY CAN NOT KISS".

"She's right, I don't want to play anymore" I say, tearing up. I stand up and run out of Diego's house.

"Violetta, wait!" Leon says, chasing after me.

"What?" I ask, I don't want to speak to him right now.

"Are you okay?" he asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. I take a step back, knocking his hand away from me.

"I- I don't think this whole friend thing is a good idea" I say, trying not to look him in the eyes.

"Why?" He says, sounding hurt.

"I think it's best if we don't speak to each other anymore" I say, still not looking him in the eyes.

"No!" His voice cracks, "Violetta, don't do this."

I finally look at him, I noticed he was tearing up.

"Leon, we should just move on." I say, trying my hardest not to let the tears fall from my eyes.

"But I love you!, I'm in love with you. You're everything to me, Vilu" He pleads. Tears start to stream down my face.

He takes a hold of my hand and squeezes it tightly.

"You love me?" I ask.

"I'm madly in love with you, I can't stand not being with you" he says.

"And I loved you" I began.

"Wait, Loved?" Leon interrupts. He takes a step back from me.

"So you don't love me anymore?" He says, looking absolutely torn.

"I'm sorry" I say, looking away.

"No, I don't believe you" He says.

"Leon, I-" I say.

"So you feel nothing" Leon interrupts. I say nothing, I just stare at the ground. Before I knew it, he tilts my head up with his hands and kisses me. I can't help but kiss back. It felt like it's been a lifetime since I've last kissed Leon even though it was only a few weeks ago.

"You know how you feel and when you're ready to admit it.... I'll be here" He says and walks away.

"HE KISSED YOU?!" Francesca screeches. We where in my room, I had invited Francesca to sleepover after Diego's party.

I nod and sigh.

"That is so romantic" She says, hugging one of my pillows.

"I thought you hated Leon" I say.

"Not anymore, He's actually a decent guy" she admits, "So do you really not love him anymore?"

"I do, but I think it's best if we're not together" I sigh.

"Why?" She curiously asks.

"I don't want to talk about it" I say.

"Okay, well anyway Diego 100% likes you!" She says, changing the subject.

"For the last time Fran, he doesn't" I say, rolling my eyes.

"He admitted it!, I was all like 'Do you like, Vilu' and he was all like 'I think she's gorgeous'" She says.

"Shut up, liar" I giggle, trying not to blush.

"Maybe I should set you two up on a date!" Francesca says.

"Fran, no!" I plead.

"Oh come on!, You want to get over Leon and this is the perfect way out. If he sees you with Diego he'll back off!" She says. She was right, it was the perfect plan.

"Fine," I sigh. "But only one date".

She grabs her phone and starts to call Diego.

"Wait, you're doing it now?" I ask.

"Shhhh" She says and she sets her phone on speaker mode.

"Hello?" Diego asks, answering.

"Hey, Vilu wants to know if you'd like to go on a date with her" She says. We hear an excited gasp.

"REALLY?" He says, "Is she with you?"

"Hi" I say, starting to think this was a bad idea.

"Hey, If you want we can go see a movie tomorrow night"

"uhh, sure" I say.

"OK, I'll text you the details when I find a good movie" He says.

"Okay, bye" Francesca says and hangs up. I sigh.

"Well, that was easy" She laughs, "He must really wanna go out with you"

I start to think about Leon. This is gonna kill him, he just told me he loved me and now I'm going on a date with the guy he hates most. I have a terrible feeling this won't end well.