Chapter 2

Musa's POV

Standing under the hot sun, I was waiting for Faith to return from her piano practice. She is in the school Music club and has to wait for extra half an hour for practice as the competitions are coming up.

It's been a week since I had started Carson High school and it is going perfectly fine. 

The first day was like a whirlwind but after that, I never saw Ryan again. Students also decided to shut their mouths after a few days. The school order is restored. 'This is for the best', though I want to admire his godly features, it seems like he is skipping school. Even his bunch of idiots are not here.

I took some time to figure out the classes, teachers and of course the students. Faith told me about how they have been divided into groups, apparently, a girl named Heather who also happens to be the cheerleading squad's captain; the movies are not fiction, is the queen bee or in her language 'the school slut'. 

"Sorry to make you wait." Faith puffed, she must have run to get here. We became good friends, at first I thought she was just some over-friendly creature but now I know how nice and cool she is. 

"It's okay, I just waited for like 20 mins." Her expression changed from tired to guilty making me let out a giggle. "Just kidding, so what do you want to do now?"

"Musa!" Someone yelled from behind, turning around to encounter Mr. Shwan my Geography teacher with a huge smile on his face walking towards us.

Mr. Shawn was a fat, old man who just forgot to retire and now he is doing overtime both in his profession and life. I mean all he does is sleep in the class after announcing the self-study session.

Why is he coming to us? I haven't missed any deadline for projects nor I have failed any tests and I am still 'the new girl'. 

"What did you do?" Faith elbowed me as Mr. Shawn approached us.

"Musa, I want you to take these notes to Ryan, he is not attending school because of his health problems." He handed me the bundle without even asking if I am willing to do the job.

"wait-- what!? You want me to go to his place." My jaw dropped, literally. He seemed serious about his orders.

"You guys seemed pretty close, I have heard rumors about you two." He added pushing the rim of his glasses.

Well, if he heard the rumors correctly then it would have been ' Ryan is planning to murder Musa soon' or ' I heard Musa talked back to Ryan and now he will kill her'. In both the cases, I will die.

"No, we are not. I mean he hates me, I sure he will be admitted to the ICU if he saw my face." 

"Don't be all dramatic, he is your classmate and he needs your help." Hesitation was evident in his voice. He hesitated just now, even the teacher does not believe him. Oh god is this the end.

"He is the devil king, why are you not asking his minions to do this. Why me!" Mr. Shawn was astonished but didn't budge no matter how many faces I made.

"You practically telling me to GO DIE, sir" My final blow.

"Just go. I have an amazing reference book, if you'll do the task then I will lend it to you." 

This stupid teacher is luring me with a reference book that too of Geography; No thanks, I'm not really a nerd it's a part of my disguise. Before I could open my mouth to protest further, he was already walking towards his car. Looking at the bundle and facepalming mentally, I was in a huge internal conflict. 'Guess I have to do this.'