Kim Taehyung

VERSE 1

"Taehyung!"

"Grandma!" The teenager ran over to the smiling lady, hugging her tight. It was the start of holidays again, and Taehyung had traveled to his childhood home in the countryside to help his grandmother with the gardening.

"How are you? It feels like you've grown a few inches since the last time I saw you!" Taehyung smiled, he's visited two weeks ago.

"Hyung's back!" "Taehyung-hyung!" "TaeTae!" "Taehyung-oppa!" "Hyung, welcome back!" "Welcome back!" The clamor of children's voices surrounded them, Taehyung's younger cousins giving him a warm welcome.

"I'm back, guys! Did you all behave yourselves?" Almost everyone nodded, then pointed to the ones who hadn't nodded.

"Sooyun stole two cookies!" "Two cookies, oppa!" "Baejoo said a bad word!" "No, I didn't!" "Yes, you did!"

Taehyung's grandma led them to the living room, having them all sit on the carpet to talk and play while she got started on dinner.

"Ok, so Sooyun stole two cookies, and she ate them, right?"

"Right!" Sooyun stayed quiet, pouting a pout only a angry five-year-old girl could pout while her siblings and cousins sold her out.

"So, I'm gonna give all of you two cookies, except for Sooyun, so you all ate two cookies extra!"

The children were all happy with the idea, but Sooyun stayed pouting until Taehyung swept her up in a hug while the others were off getting their cookies. She amiled almost immediately, sinking into her older cousin's embrace.

"What about Baejoo? He said a bad word!" Said boy paused halfway through his second cookie, unable to defend himself and opting for throwing his cousin a dirty look for selling him out.

"Hmmm. Baejoo, what did you say? Spell it out for me, ok?" The seven-year-old frowned, clearly regretting having done anything bad.

"I-I didn't mean it though! I just got mad, that's all." Taehyung frowned, Baejoo used to be the most well behaved of them all, what had happened in the two weeks he was gone?

"HE SAID THE H WORD, HYUNG!" Taehyung frowned, the only h word he knew was hell, but there was a lot of context depending on how he'd said it.

"Wolsook was bullying Baeji, so I told him to go to h-e-l-l. He was being mean! He even tried to take Baeji's cookie!" Baeji was Baejoo's twin sister, who was currently sick in the hopital with a high fever.

No wonder Baejoo had been so upset. He loved his sister, and Baeji loved cookies, so he must heve felt the need to protect both her and the cookie.

"It's okay, Baejoo, but you have to promise never to say a bad word ever again, okay? Baeji's six also, she can take care of herself." Baejoo started to sniffle.

"But she's not okay! She's in the hospital, and Wolsook said she was never coming back!" Taehyung hugged Baejoo, drying his tears.

"Baeji's just a little sick, she'll be back in no time, and then you can shove it in Wolsook's face, okay?" Baejoo seemed to lighten up at the idea, nodding, Wolsook was now his sworn enemy.

"Now that everything's settled, I need to go help grandma with the gardening. You can all be good right?" The kids nodded, and Taehyung got up to go to the garden.

Slipping into his garden wear; a pair of wellingtons, a old apron, and a pair of worn grey gloves, Taehyung walked to his grandma's farm.

The farm was quite small, but it was enough for fresh vegetables to eat and sell every day. Next to the farm was a small flower clearing, where Taehyung had done gardening for the first time, planting corn lilies.