Introduction

Dedication
First, for those who play video games for the lore.

Second, for those who played New Horizons and were disappointed that their favorite characters lost all sense of personality and story.

And third, for all of my Dear Readers who began this journey with me six years ago. Thank you.

✿ ✿ ✿

Welcome!
More astute readers will recognize that this is not the original introduction to my story. This does not mean that the plot or the characters have changed at all; in fact, it only means that my writing has grown, and therefore, I had to revise and edit my previous chapters to more accurately reflect the tale.
I am no longer nervous to post. I am confident in the long, dramatic story that I am writing, and I am excited to share it.

Copyright
This is fan fiction. Nintendo owns the rights to all the characters and settings in the Animal Crossing franchise.
All I own are the human characters (Kosumo, Lizzy, etc.) and the plot of this story.

The photograph of the golden pocket watch in the cover was taken by the lovely ElyneNoir on DeviantArt. I thank them endlessly for giving me permission 6 years ago.

Genre
As a lore hunter and game theorist (thank you MatPat for your service), I love to analyze what we're given and expand on what Nintendon't.
I also love yapping.
As such, please understand that this story is character driven and will be slower paced at times. It is not action-packed, and there's not a physical "goal," though there very much is a bit of mystery, a lot of tragedy, and a plot. In summary, the conflicts are mostly interpersonal and internal.
This is a drama with many slice of life elements. Again... it's Animal Crossing. So take that sweet, slow, nostalgic vibe, and put it into a book. (And maybe add a little dark twist...)

One more thing!
Please don't hesitate to comment on any grammatical errors that you see; I really would appreciate it!
Also, I won't interrupt the story with author's notes everywhere, but I will always leave a temporary note at the end of every new chapter as an update.
I want to thank you again from the very bottom of my heart whether you're a silent reader, passerby, or someone who plans on sticking around until the end.
Much love! I hope you enjoy my first fanfiction!

✿ ✿ ✿

Trigger warnings for blood, death, grief, mild eating disorder (refusing the eat due to grief), depression, and graphic fire/burns.
Please feel free to comment any other needed warnings if I missed them. I do not wish to harm my readers. Mental health comes first.

✿ ✿ ✿

Original Version: 9/28/18
Revised Version: 03/25/2024