Loosing Elliot

(I do not own this book cover picture)

Hello! This is my entry for the oneshot competition. Please please comment northbynorth just so I know you're there. Oh and any other person who'd like to comment I'd really appreciate it.

This is my first shot at a one shot so...Try to Enjoy!

Please excuse the mistakes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jensen, if it wasn't for you, I'd leave this place and never look back," he said as he tucked loose strand of blond hair behind my ear, "I'm going back to the States for my mom but...I'm coming back for you."

~ One Year Later ~

In all my eighteen years of living never have I once truly understood the meaning of the word heartbreak. It was one of those words which actors used in movies and writers used in stories to describe the pain they felt through loosing someone. In heartbreak there's this distance that forms between the couple involved (emotionally and physically) which is enough to eventually stretch a heart to its limit, inevitably breaking it in two.

The smart-ass scientist inside me would occasionally inform me that the heart is a muscle therefore can never really be broken so the idea of heartbreak itself couldn't be possible, maybe crushed but not broken. However maybe a crushed heart was an even better way to describe my feelings when he broke his promise to me.

It wasn't just two halves that in some way needed to be stitched back together, but a million detached pieces scattered around, almost impossible to fix.

And that was what made life really shitty.

I spend the first month after Fintry left kinda giddy inside, although I was sort of ashamed at myself for letting the girly me takeover my mind slightly, I didn't care because I was on cloud fricking nine. Even though Elliot wasn't there he was always a phone call, text or Skype away so he was never really gone. Us admitting what we really felt towards each other did improve our relationship but in no way altered our attitudes, he was still an arsehole but he was my arsehole.

At the moment I'm just thinking about how wrong that sounded.

But it was true. I had finally unlocked the problematic mystery that was Elliot Fintry. We would still fight all the time, call each other indecent names but be able to get over it in just minutes. We were just us.

However that was the first month because everything went downhill from there. The phone calls began to decrease in number, the longest we'd be talking for was five minutes before he said he'd have to leave and we barely even text each other.

Then suddenly it stopped.

The messages, the video calls, not even a letter was sent to my door by the end of our six week vacation. I didn't mind initiating conversations but the fact of the matter was that he was never online. Since he was due back in a couple of weeks I let it go. He was getting ready leave what he called home and come back to Manchester so of course maybe he need sometime to just spend with his family and friends. That was what I thought until the day he was due to come back.

It was me, my mum and Carlise, Arthur and Macaulay waiting at Birmingham Airport after a grueling two hour ride. After arguing with Carlise for a full thirty minutes the seats in the car were decided. Even after I called shotgun I ended up in between Stupid and Stupider in the three backseats.

After a long hair-pulling suicide worthy journey we were there. The minute I stood on the floor of the terminal my stomach was in knots. In a few minutes Elliot's sexy self would appear from a crowd of people leaving the airport and I was as nervous as hell.