Chapter 1

Everything went so fast- Blue hardly knew what was happening. Luna's silk, the mention of this new "SilkWing disease", Swordtail running at those guards, and now Io and his mother trying to push him away.

"You have to get somewhere safe," Blue can tell Io is trying to keep calm and have a level tone, but he can hear the panic in her voice. And even if he couldn't, he could see it clear enough in her face, as well as his mother next to her.

"Please, Blue," His mother says as Blue stands in place, his legs shaking.

"B-but why? Where is Luna going?!" The two dragons throw their wings up to hide Blue from the commotion going around him- they'd left the Cocoon, though, so why were they trying to keep him from seeing what was going on? Or... Where they trying to keep the guards from seeing what was going on inside?

"Somewhere... Not good, Blue. You can't go with her," Blue starts fidgeting, going around in the span of the two wings of the dragons in front of him, trying to get past but too afraid to push.

"But- they can't do that! Take her somewhere not good!" He hates the slight whine to his voice, but he felt so... Wrong. It was a feeling deep inside him, persistent in the back of his mind- betrayal. He felt betrayed. "Why... Why is this happening?" And in his head he thinks, 'why would the Queen let this happen?'

"They aren't... Doing what they're supposed to be doing." His mother says mournfully, looking blankly off into the distance. Part of him thinks she means something else, but the only thing he can come up with is that they're not following the Queen's order. The Queen wouldn't want this to happen- all this fighting and the taking. How could she? She wanted the best for him, and this didn't seem to be.

So the guards were wrong. So he had to get away from the guards.

Blue nods slowly, his breath shaking. The dragons in front of him nod as well and turn to go. They try to sneak past, and it seems easy, with the other dragons fighting nearby. Swordtail's losing, of course. So many guards, with more power than him. But they see Blue. They look back at each other and slowly step forwards.

And then Io and his mother run.

And Blue runs with them.