The Last Dance |Saving Elliot one shot|

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

-

Winnie the Pooh

I took a deep breath, my bouquet shaking in my hands.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked to the side to see Tamara, her eyes full of warmth and kindness, "El, you can do this," she began, her tone soft but the determination behind it strong, "that man out there loves you, he absolutely adores you, and God, you're a Jensen, you're a strong, level-headed Jensen who is gonna march down that aisle and announce her love for that boy."

My hands gradually stopped shaking and I looked her in the eye, feeling a little less nervous and a little touched. She removed her hand from my shoulder and looked at me with narrowed eyes. "And, I worked my arse off to make the reception perfect for you, so you better."

I laughed, my whole face lighting up with a grin as I stepped forward, wrapping my arms around her, "thanks," I mumbled into her shoulder. She sighed and wrapped her own arms around me.

"Idiot," She mumbled, but her voice held so much affection that the words meant a completely different thing, she stepped back and pulled my thin veil over my face, "now, get out there and do me proud."

My dad suddenly jogged his way back to us, panting a little bit, "You ready, love?" He asked me, and I nodded, closing my eyes for a second before taking his arm.

I'm ready.

*

It's the second time I've worn heels in my entire life.

And, making my way down this aisle while wearing them felt like I was walking barefoot on rocks, and the only thing holding me up was my dad's strong hold and the shining grey eyes that awaited me at the altar.

My brothers and grandparents smiled at me on my way, and Arthur stuck his thumbs up with a grin, Violet was sat next to him with a small smile of her own. My mum was sat at the front, watching me with pride bright in her eyes and a hint of trepidation.

I inhaled deeply when I reached the altar, my dad releasing me from his hold and pressing a soft kiss to my cheek before taking his place.

"Dear friends and family," Father Krilly began, his warm blue eyes on the people around us, "we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Elliot Jensen and Cameron Murdoch in holy matrimony, in the time they have spent together, their mutual love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and they have decided to live every awaiting day as husband and wife."

My heart stuttered as I realised this is it, it's finally happening. After months of Tam running around, making plans for this wedding and failed walking-in-heels practice, it's finally here, the most important day of my life is finally here.

I glanced around at all the familiar faces, my mum, my brothers, their wives and children, the whole St George's football team, my friends and Violet sat with her mother. I found my eyes scanning the room for the familiar mess of tousled dark hair and snow white skin, but I felt my smile falter for a second as I didn't see him anywhere.

Elliot Fintry had not attended my wedding.

The whole Fintry family had been invited to the wedding by default seeing as mum knew Fintry's dad, and the one Fintry I was waiting for had not shown up.

It shouldn't have, but it saddened me, and I bit my lip hard as I looked back at Cameron to see a wide grin on his face as he winked at me.

I smiled, and hoped he could see through the thin veil. I closed my eyes and waited as Father Krilly said the big words, "I do," Cameron said, and the way he said it made me blush, he didn't stutter once nor did he hesitate; he said it loudly, with pride and happiness clear in his voice.