6 <> Amsterdam

C h a p t e r  S i x
2 n d  P O V
1 0 - 7 - 1 8
<> <> <>
   "I'm a flying kite in the breeze just restlessly seeking images a child needs to help them sleep," – Amsterdam by Daughter
<> <> <>

"Why would you willingly betray your commander?" Optimus inquired suspiciously.

The mech had decided to give you a sliver of his trust. He'd killed the other drone (figuring you wouldn't want to do such to one of your own) and had Starscream lead the two of you towards the relic with a gun to the prisoner's helm.

"I'm not a part of the Decepticons, not anymore. I dropped my badge after I gained autonomy," you explained. The Prime's optics widened at your unexpected response. "I feel more comfortable about you having the relic because I know you won't use such weapons of power for things like the Decepticons would."

"Will you be punished for your actions?"

"No," You answered confidently, shaking your head. "I look just like everybody else. I'm on and off the Nemesis without them even knowing. I get fuel from their mines just by looking like them." Admittedly, your optics stolen by the snow. You'd never seen this kind of weather before. It was cold, but you thought it was beautiful, and you kicked at with your pedes playfully.

Optimus simply nodded. He mulled your words over in his processor, while letting you calmly take care of Starscream's complaints. Gained autonomy? A Decepticon trooper defected from the Decepticons? A drone not trying to kill him? The mech had many questions of which he hoped you would answer.

   "Why do you not fight for the Decepticons, though you are one of their soldiers? And what is your reasoning behind helping me?" Optimus interrogated you. He was still intensely skeptical, but the mech hadn't wanted to waste time by Dreadwing's unconscious body, and rightfully so.

   You, oddly enough, were unintentionally the most intriguing thing one could ever have stumbled upon. Both he and Bulkhead (and even Starscream) unknowingly agreed.

   "Yes, do tell. Drones are made to obey Decepticons," The seeker piped up. "How did you even gain autonomy anyways? Last time I checked, any soldiers expressing too much of it died quite swiftly, and not by our servos. There are few of those cases as it is." The Prime lightly hit the back of his helm with his blaster as a warning. That shut the arrogant seeker up with a reluctant groan.

   "It was a mine collapse," you sighed, noticing Optimus' optics widened in concern. "Two of your friends caused it. You were the last thing I saw before I got crushed by some debris. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the Medical Wing with emotions and a thought process that wasn't just an echo of the last vehicon.

   "I realized I shouldn't be treated like scrap, especially after Starscream gave me this-," you gently dragged your claws along the scars etched into your chassis, "-so I decided to leave. Things have been going rather well for me!

   "And for that last one, I guess I thought Bulkhead wouldn't like it if I helped in trashing his boss. I suppose he wouldn't ever know unless I told him, but, I don't think I could allow myself to live having betrayed a friend, whether he knew it or not."

   Prime watched you with shock. It was only visible in his eyes; the rest of his face was covered by his mask. You only glimpsed into his optics once before continuing to keep your vision trained on what came ahead.

   Starscream had a different reaction. His shoulders and wings sagged. He tucked his elbows towards his chassis. You were sure you could hear a quiet, nervous chuckle escape his dermas. It wasn't guilt, you knew, but more of fear of what consequences you might bring. You felt the hardships and punishments he faced because he abandoned the Nemesis were enough.