EIGHT

finn was his home.

jack knew finn was his home when they would be laying in bed together, watching a movie, or just trying to fall asleep, and finn would slowly count the freckles along jack's cheeks and nose. jack would usually focus on finn's soft lips saying each number, or watch his eyes focusing on the task at hand. despite all the counting, jack doesn't know how many freckles were truly dotting his face. finn would always fall asleep before he came to a final number, or sometimes jack would fall asleep while he was counting. but falling asleep next to him, jack knew, finn was his home.

jack knew finn was his home because of the way finn made him feel at ease, no matter where they were. whether they were in an interview with the rest of the cast, at an award ceremony, or even at dinner, one look or a reassuring smile always made jack's heart skip a beat and his body relax. nobody else made jack feel quite on top of the world as finn did. looking into his eyes across a crowded room, or just giving him a goofy grin, jack knew, finn was his home.

jack knew finn was his home because of the fuzzy feeling jack got when someone would mention finn. whether they were telling jack a funny story about something silly the brunette did, or even if someone would bring up finn in light conversation, it made jack feel like he had pins and needles all over, but instead of the numb, tired feeling, it was just like someone was pouring the butter you put on popcorn throughout his insides. 

as far as jack was concerned, finn was the best he would ever have.

finn was his home.

and jack was finn's home too.

-

i just made this for writing practice and i'm fr too lazy to finish it dawg so here we go