Chapter 11: Lilah

When Devin pulled up in front of the house, Alastair was waiting at the door. He was shirtless and in low slung grey sweat pants. His chest was ripped and toned. I noticed he had tattoos. On his right shoulder was a tribal eagle and on his other arm was a whole sleeve of filigree and intricate designs.

 On his right shoulder was a tribal eagle and on his other arm was a whole sleeve of filigree and intricate designs

   His pants were edging to fall off, his V line running deep. I honestly couldn't see any sign of boxers and I hoped I was right. What the fuck, girl? There were tons of scars all along his chest, pale from age.

   Devin helped me out if the limo.

   "Have fun today, kitten?" He called, his hands shoved in his sweats pockets. I tried to help Devin but he shooed me away so that left me with Alastair.

   "Yes. Thank you for everything," I say, stepping up on the porch.

   He stroked my chin. "Anything for my little pet."

   I felt my knees go weak. I didn't want to admit it but he was so hot and he made me melt. But I couldn't get too attached, no matter how fucking hot he was.

   "I got some extra stuff, if you don't mind," I said as he held the door open for me.

   "I said anything you wanted, kitten."

   I walk into the foyer and start to head to my room when he grabs my wrist and takes me into a room. I'm scared at first until I recognize it. It's his study from last night, the green walls popping out against the dark wooded furniture. He sat me down in a leather chair and leaned against his desk, his sweats almost inching lower. I averted my gaze to his black eyes.

   "What's your full name?"

   I hesitated. "Delilah Cassandra Williams."

   "You're new name is Delilah Seraphina LeBlanc. You're my foster daughter and you'll be starting St. Xavier's Private Academy, in LA, next week. You'll take AP courses, college courses, do sports."

   "No."

   He gave me a cold look. "Excuse me?"

   "No. I'm not doing that. I'm not changing my name, I'm not-"

   Suddenly, his hand was around my neck and choking me. I gasped and clawed at his hand. Was he bipolar? What happened to the hot sugardaddy a few seconds ago? He tightened his grip a little to show dominance. I was lucky he wasn't choking me hard.

   I began to claw harder. I felt myself beginning to panic. I couldn't. I'd black out. Just like I did with him.

   "You will do what I say, kitten. Is that understood?" He whispered harshly, tightening his grip. I tried to kick him.

   His grip on my neck left as a sharp sting formed on my left cheek.

   He slapped me.

   Just like he did.

   He slammed his hands down on the armrest on either side of me. "Do I make myself clear?"

   He was trying to make himself seem bigger. Like Dad always did when he wanted money. Only I was so afraid of Alastair whereas I never was with my father. The only other time I was this afraid was 4 years ago.

   "Yes," I whispered in a tiny voice.

   "Yes what, kitten?"

   "Yes, sir."

   He smiled and leaned back on his desk, his sweats hanging lower. He held out a phone to me. It was the new iPhone X. I slowly took it, my hand against my stinging cheek. It was silver with a marble designed popsocket.

   "My number is programmed in that phone. You will answer me when I call. Devin's number is there too along with a few of the maids. Understood?"

   I didn't look at him. "Yes."

   "Good. You can leave."

   I stood and walked slowly to the French doors. I had my hand on the handle but stopped. I turned to him.

   "Can I keep the name Cassandra?"

   "Why?" He asked coldly.

   My throat tightened. "Because it was my mother's name."

(Delilah's mom who was Native American)