FORTY SIX

"Don't be afraid of your fears

"Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it."
― C. JoyBell C. 

============================

Miah's P.O.V

I swear I turned the whole pack house upside down looking for that bitch that took North and Wyatt. She'll pay, I'll make sure of it.

I was going at least fifty miles an hour running all over the place, then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I stopped and turned to see Alec with a worried look on his face. "You need to calm down Miah, this isn't good for your health" he spoke with a soft tone.

But I only brushed it off, like hell I was going to calm down, when you're in a pack, everyone is family to you. And North is like my own child, I know it sounds weird but it's just how I feel and I think he sees me as a guardian of a sort, the day I found him I swore to protect him, and if I fail I don't think I can forgive myself.

I know he's in pain over losing Conny, the same pain I went through when I lost my Ajax, but he has to learn to live with it, that's all he can do right now. I wish I could tell him it will all be alright like everyone told me but I can't bring myself to lie to him.

I admit, I don't know for sure if Nymeria took them but it's just too perfect that she escaped right as I found out they were missing. Which is why I need to find her, to see if she did it or it was just right place at the right time thing.

I'll never trust her, not after what she did to North in the first place. I wish we could just have a break from this, the war and all the chaos that's been building up around us.

I just want everything to stop and go back to normal.

"Miah, we found her, the witch" A voice spoke from beside me, I guess I had gotten lost in thought and wasn't paying attention. My head darted to Dax who had just told me the news.

"Are you serious!?" I expected it to take days if not weeks to find the bitch, but I guess she's making things easy on us, I wonder why? "Where is she!?" I demanded, I know I'm starting to take over the roll of Alpha even though I'm just a simple Head Warrior, but someone has to, I can't just sit back and watch this pack fall under Connor's so called 'Protection'.

"That's the thing, we tried to grab her but my son Wyatt refuses to let anyone come near her!" he spoke just as confused as I was. Why the hell would Wyatt, a loyal pack member try to protect her??

I nodded, "Show me", he gave a firm nod and then started walking towards the door. He threw it open and we walked over to a forming crowd, were I heard intense growling. "Move!" I snapped and the crowd moved out of the way.

I stormed to the enter, I saw a few warriors surrounding Nymeria and an angry looking Wyatt, both were growling at each other. And like always, stupid Connor was just standing there watching like the wimp he is, I rolled my eyes at him then yelled out.

"HEY!!" The warriors stopped and turned to look at me, along with Wyatt. "What the hell is going on here!" I yelled out at them, "This traitor refuses to give up the prisoner!" Sam, one of the warriors growled out.

I was about to demand that Wyatt give her up but what he said next kept me and everyone quiet. "NO! North would want me to protect her!" I froze in my place.

What the hell happened to North!!!!!!????

==============================================

North's P.O.V

I keep a smile on my face as I walked down the poorly lit hall. Guards surrounded me, each holding a gun or blade to my face. I wanted to seem like I wasn't afraid, that I didn't care if I lived or died, but in reality, I was panicking inside.

There is a very good chance the King will have me killed, he doesn't seem to like my kind very much anyway, but then again, no one really does these days. I slowly walked, moving my attention from the floor to the end of the hallway, I wondered what the King wanted from me in the first place. Maybe he'd let me go? no, not likely.

Soon we came to the end of the hall, the main guard dude moved forward and pulled out his set of keys and opened the door with a large creak. It was dark on the other side and I got a strange cold feeling walking in the darkness.

Maybe they're sacrificing me to their god or something, "What is with you and sacrificing?" Rhys questioned me. "Oh so now you talk!" I yelled back. I waited for a few minutes, "Never mind that Human, where are we?" he asked which made me mentally roll my eyes, In truth I was scared I'd get my eye cut out if I did something wrong. 

"We're in Hell, don't you remember?" I asked confused and frustrated. "No, I think I was napping, mind filling me in like a good Human?" I wanted to slap him but I would just end up hurting myself so I just snapped back, "Shut up and start paying attention, you're giving me a head ache" I complained then blocked him out.

Soon the lights then turned on and shinned like a thousands spot lights. I winced and shut my eyes, I hate light now.

In the distance I heard someone clapping, the sound echoing across the room sending chills down my spine. "Congrats Lycan, you successfully made your way to the Underworld!" a man with a deep voice called out to me in a very happy tone, which scared me a little. 

I opened my eyes and looked up to see that I was standing in an area and sitting in a gold throne was a man in his late twenties, early thirties with long hair and a beard sat proudly with a smirk on his face.

"And your reward is fighting to the death!!!"

He called out making the crowd scream in happiness.

What the hell have I gotten myself into???!!