SIXTY ONE

"That's what people do who love you

"That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable."
― Deb Caletti 

======================

Constance's P.O.V 

I winced slightly as the corset around my ribcage was tightened, but I kept quiet, lord knows Isadora will have me strangled if I do anything to mess up Her perfect day. I held tightly onto two poles as the maids attempted to make my waist smaller while Isadora watched from the corner of the room. 

After Isadora's freak out session, she rushed me into her room to get my dress on and ready to go, then we'd do makeup and such. I took a deep breath as the maid said, "Just a few more my lady" her voice was shaking, guess she feared I'd get mad at her for this, but I'm not like that, I'm NOT a Vladimir. 

The ropes on my back we yanked again, and I winced again, my hand holding my chest as if it would make the pain go away. I looked down at the ground and closed my eyes, I still really haven't come to terms with spending the rest of my life with this family. 

If I was the same girl as I few days ago, I would be throwing a fit today, spilling wine over the dress, trying everything to stall. But now I don't really want to, not that I want to spend the rest of my life here, but I have nothing to really go home to, North is gone. 

He was my fighting reason, but he's gone, he died fighting for me, which makes me all the more guilty and sad. I shook my head slightly, forcing those thoughts away, I can't think about that now, I have to at least keep the illusion I'm strong. 

Then I felt the maid begin to lace up my corset, I sighed lightly in relief and let go of the poles. Then the maids began to put the rest of my dress together, I'll admit, the dress as pretty but much to heavy, they actually expect me to walk in this? 

The dress reminds me of a giant ball gown, like the one in Cinderella but white instead of blue. Then before I knew it, I was forced into a chair and maids started poking my eyes with brushes and powder, but I still made no move to stop them at all. I just let them play dress up and practice makeup with me. 

It felt like I was Isadora's doll, something she could dress up and force to look perfect. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw Isadora smiling like a maniac as she watched, she then walked over and placed her cold hands on my shoulder, "You're going to look perfect Constance, the Bell of the ball". 

She smiled again, then she sent the maids off and began to do my makeup herself, "You know-" she paused setting the lipstick she held in her hands down and stood and walked behind me, messing with my hair. 

"If you mess up this day for my brother-" her dark red nails then began to dig into my shoulders, drawing blood, "I'll make your life a living hell" I winced in pain and yanked her hand from my shoulder and stood facing her with a glare. 

She chuckled then said walking towards the door, "Honestly, I don't know what my brother sees in you" right as she closed the door, I started to wipe off the blood, "I don't either". 

=======================================

North's P.O.V 

I said emotionless in the car as Drogo drove to the Vladimir Mansion were the wedding was being held. Lauren insisted that she come with us, so it was Me, Drogo, Lydia and Lauren making our way to maybe crash a wedding. 

I'm still questioning if what Drogo said was true and this was forced, I'm having a really hard time with this if you can't tell. What I'm going through, is way beyond emotional damage, and this might just be my breaking point. 

Rhys howled in pain every time I pictured a happy Constance standing at the alter with Salvator, I'll admit, I hurt to think about too. I miss her still and I keep yelling at myself not to but I can't. My soulmate is getting married to another today, and I don't know what to do. 

Two things can come out of today, either Constance is happy with Salvator and they Marry happily, leaving me to attempt at moving on which might not happen at this point, or Constance was forced into this union and I'll play the valiant hero and save her, and walk out of that house with my mate in my arms. 

My heart warmed at the second option, but I knew that was fifty-fifty chance, like flipping a coin. I stared out the window as the care drove along the empty rode. Don't ask me how we got out of the underworld, in truth I don't even really know myself. It was like one second we were there in Hell, then the next, we're here. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Lydia staring at me with a sad smile, I nodded to her as a way of thanks and she nodded back and patted my shoulder and turned forward. It was amazing to think how far I've come since I was first bit. 

I have a family who loves me, and I'm even friends with so-called brutal Demon King. "We'll be alright North, we always are" Rhys spoke with a calm voice, "I hate to admit it, but the mutts right..." the other voice in my head spoke. Rhys growled at the nickname, making my chuckle quietly, It felt strange to just call him a voice in my head. 

"I have a name you know..." he spoke in annoyance, making me smile slightly, "Well, care to share with the group?" I asked in a mocking tone, "Very funny, it's Jack, you can call me Jack..." he spoke in a calm voice that I wasn't used to hearing. 

It's not everyday you bond with the voices in your head. "Alright Jack, welcome to dark corner that is North's Mind" Rhys said in a kind tone. I chuckled again then looked back out the window.\

 I guess you could say those two brought me some sort of comfort, 

not much, but enough to keep me going for a while. 

I'll be alright, no matter the outcome. 

==========================

A/N: Hello Readers!!! 

Just a quick note to say thank you and to tell you 'Beast of the Moon' only has a few more chapters left!!! 

But North's story might not end here, I've been thinking about doing a Sequel, let me know if that's what you guys would like to see. 

Thanks again, Bye!!!