Chapter 1: Neglected

CHAPTER 1

«*»·«*»·«*»·«*»

September 18, 2013

«*»·«*»·«*»·«*»

Louis' P.O.V.

I was standing outside of the hotel room, so I didn't bother any of the guys while talking on the phone to Eleanor.

"I miss you, Louis."

"I miss you too, El. So much."

I was too busy talking to Eleanor on the phone to realize that someone was walking down the hallway towards me.

"I lovee youuu." I stretched out my words, leaning back against the wall.

She giggled. "I love you more."

"Ah, Yes, but I love you most." I smiled.

"When does the tour end?"

"Not for a few more months." I pouted, then noticed Harry walking past me.

Harry quickly opened the door.

"Hey, Haz." I said, smiling at him.

He grumbled something I couldn't quite make out, before going inside and slamming the door shut.

Apparently Eleanor could sense my frown, "Babe, what's wrong?"

I ran my hand through my hair. "I don't know . ." I whispered.

"Do you need to go?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm going to go see what's wrong with Harry." I replied.

"Okay, I love you. Bye."

I hung up, not replying to her. I went to open the door to see it was locked. I'd left my room key inside. I groaned loudly, knocking on the door.

No one answered.

I knocked harder, shouting. "Let me in!"

I heard a person moving around on the other side of the door. Zayn opened the door a crack, "What the hell man? It's late and I'm exhausted. First Harry slamming the door, then you banging on it and screaming."

I opened the door, pushing past him. "Where's Harry?" I asked, a bit angry but worried. He never ignored me like that.

Zayn shut the door, laying back down on the bed he was sharing with Liam. "Bathroom." He mumbled.

I walked to the bathroom, hearing Harry crying on the other side of the door. "Hazza bear? Are you alright?" I tried to open the door but it was locked.

"Go away." Harry spat.

I looked back at the other boys who were all mostly asleep except Niall. He was laying on the uncomfortable cot, playing on his phone.

I slumped against the door, "Harry, please." I whispered.

"GO AWAY!" He repeated louder, earning a "Shut the hell up, you two." from Zayn.

I groaned. "Harry, please. What's wrong? Tell me. You can tell me anything." What could've happened to make him so upset?

He didn't say anything, and I could just hear stifled crying.

"Harry." I whispered, knocking on the door softly.

Finally I heard him get up and the door unlock, he opened it. His eyes were red and puffy, he looked terrible.

I moved in quickly, pulling the taller boy into my arms. "Oh, Harry." I whispered, rubbing his back.

He wrapped his long arms around my waist, sobbing into my shoulder.

"Haz, what's wrong?" I asked, running my hand through his curls.

Harry shook his head, moving his face into my neck.

"Harry, please tell me."

He whimpered, holding onto me.

"Fine.. Let's go lay down, it's late." I nudged him.

He let go of me, keeping his head down. He grabbed my hand, leading me to the bed we were to share. He laid down and I laid down beside him, pulling him into my body so I was spooning him.

I felt my phone began to vibrate and I sat up, pulling it out. It was Eleanor. I answered it, "Hey, El." In the corner of my eye I saw Harry whimper and scoot away from me.

"Hi, babe!" Her voice was easily heard through the whole room.

I bit my lip. I shouldn't go. But. "Harry, I'm gonna go out into the hall and take this." I whispered, rubbing his back soothing.

Harry scooted away, not answering me.

I sighed, getting up and grabbing my room key before heading out.

"What's wrong with Harry?"

"I don't know.. but he's mad at me I think."

"I'm sure it's nothing and he'll get over it soon enough."

Eleanor was right. Harry and I were best mates. It was probably nothing. I nodded, although she couldn't see me. "Yeah."

"How's your day been?" She asked.

"Eh, managements just been a pain in the arse again, the usual."

She giggled, "Sorry, babe."

"It's fine. Hey, I'm gonna go to sleep now, okay? I'm getting-" I yawned.

"Tired." She finished the sentence for me.

I smiled. "Yep, love you. Night."

"Love you too, goodnight."

I hung up the phone, sneaking into the hotel room quietly.

I saw that Niall had taken my place on the mattress beside Harry so I was being forced to sleep on the cot that was surely always to deprive you of sleep. I slipped my pants off, leaving me to sleep in my t-shirt.

I decided maybe Harry needed space for a while. He'd be back to normal in no time. Right?