I hate you

Narrator's POV

As Hanji pushed the door open, the scent of tea leaves and lavender greet her nostrills. She inhaled deeply before slowly opening her mouth to tackle about something.

“Levi...”

She started, while taking a seat at the sofa next to Levi's table.

“what is it that you need?”

He ask while looking at her by his peripheral vision as he sip once more from his teacup.

Silence filled every corner and Hanji's voice had shaken in attempt of answering his question. She looked down and watch her fingertips as they trace the scar on her hand.

“say Levi will you come?”

Hanji finally gathered some weak courage but endured the nervousness instead and resumed how she wants to ask him.

“Will you come, if I call for you...?”

Hanji asked while bitting her lower lip. Trembling in full urge to cry out all her woes to him.

“Why wouldn't I?”

Levi asked after standing up and walking to her side. Hanji was flustered with him sitting next to her, her cheeks in deep shades of red.

“Uh...you won't I guess?”

Hanji replied dumbfounded yet her heartbeats kept screaming.

“I'll come, but I must hate you.”

Levi's POV

This woman, I can't bring myself to hurt her after all. But, I must. It's for humanity, Erwin gave up Marie for this dream of glory.

I should do the same.

I'm sorry Hanji.

I kept scolding myself for being on the verge of falling in love with one of my most trusted comrades. She was in cold, her heart is trembling as her pale skin can no longer show the vibrance from her once rushing blood.

I have to.

It's needed.

I can see the corners of her eyes, how her lids veiled down the brown orbs that took paltry of my sanity in.
I can tell that she's serious, I know what she meant.

Will I come to save her, even if Im in the farthest place?

I can see the gap between us slowly dwindling by seconds, and before I could ever know it, I pulled her into a tight hug.

“I'm sorry shitty-glasses, I may not be there in time”

“I'll try, but-”

I was cut off by the laughter next to me. Emanated from the cherry lips opened widely, were the chuckles that blinded me so well.

“Ahahaha,Levi I dont meant it that way!!”

“I was just,Ahahaha”