04

hyunjin waits at the bus stop, he could take a later one yet he strangely enjoys talking to the stranger every morning. it wasn't awkward between them, just like how every friendship erupts. it was smooth, their conversations were interesting while the boy intrigued him quite a bit.

maybe he was willing to talk to him since he had no friends. or, just nobody in general.

as he waits, he sees the boy run over to the bus stop's benches and sits down. he pants, tying his shoes and to let out a harsh sigh. "ah! good morning!"

"good morning.." hyunjin greets back, "why were you running?"

seungmin lets out a confused, 'huh' until his eyes brighten up and his body jumps with the action. "oh! I saw this really cute cat and i tried to pet it, but it ran away so I chased it and now I'm here.."

"was chasing the cat worth it at least?" hyunjin questions, the boy shrugs.

"I mean, I'm quite warmed up now so it's not as cold as before." he tells, "but how has your morning been going? don't tell me you smoked when I wasn't here!"

hyunjin's puts his hands up in defense, "I don't even have a box today. don't get on my ass."

seungmin purses his lips, "hm. fine then, but no smoking!"

"why are you bossing me around?"

"I'm not bossing you around. I'm just concerned for your health. smoking is bad you know."

hyunjin groans, throwing his head back. "I know the consequences now stop, you don't even know me. in fact you don't even know my name!"

"well, what is it then?"

hyunjin raises a brow, he feels awkward to answer but he speaks anyways. "hwang..hyunjin..."

"well I'm kim seungmin!" he says, voice filled with enthusiasm. "there now we know each other. I was getting quite uncomfortable not knowing your name. what if I had to call you, 'you' for the rest of my life!"

"why 'you'?"

"well I don't know your pronouns. what if I want to talk to someone about you and tell them how wonderful you are. what am I gonna say?"

"he, him, his?"

"cool! now we got that down, I'm the same. so tell me mr. hyunjin, why are you here so early in the morning?"

"school."

"but we get off at the same stop and you disappear. so what's up with that?"

hyunjin scratches the back of his neck, "guess you can say I get off near the school yet don't go. I skip."

"that's not good..you should attend more often then."

"what if I don't want to?"

"you won't have any friends or people to talk to. you'll be lonely."

hyunjin raises a brow, clicking his tongue. his response was stupid in his opinion, "I don't have any friends. I don't have anyone in general...besides I've been living a lonely life..."

seungmin stares at hyunjin, blinking a couple times his lips form into a pout. "well..you got me? is that not good enough? at least it wouldn't be as lonely."