Lights on pt1

Veronica couldn't manage to take her eyes of her lap, her maroon colored nails tapping slightly on the black counter as her heels nervously clicked on the cold floor. She heard the doors open and her glance was immediately directed to the heavy black now opened doors that stood behind the thick transparent glass in front of her. He didn't looked like himself, dragged roughly by two guards into the room, his hair now falling messy in front of his face, his jaw unshaved and his broad figure covered by the typical orange jumpsuit. 1 month had passed since his arrest and the possibilities of change in his case and sentence were getting more unlikely by the day, but Veronica wasn't giving up, she had moved out from her parents house and was now helping Archie's dad, not wanting to leave him alone in his thoughts, so, every afternoon, she left school and headed to the Andrews house hold, helping with the house tasks and usually making dinner for her boyfriend's dad, he reminded her of him, his goodness that she didn't seemed to be able to see in Archie anymore.
The now more tired looking boy sat on the chair on the other side of the glass that they both hated so much, and Veronica immediately grabbed the phone that was placed on the wall and leaned her ear against it, Archie doing the same.
"Hey" the girl managed to say, her voice cracking as she retained her tears, it wasn't her place to cry.
"Ronnie" the boy smiled, his glance glued to her porcelain face as if he was trying to memorize every inch of her like he was never going to be able to see her again.
"How are you?" Veronica leaned more against the glass, trying to be the closest that she could to Archie.
"The food is really good" the red head smiled playfully, not wanting to answer her questions knowing that the truth wasn't what she wanted to hear "and they let me play basketball during lunch and, when I get the chance, I write some songs, you could say I have been busy" he didn't want her to worry about him, he was sure that the things with her dad weren't on the best terms. "Tell me about you love" Archie asked, noticed that her eyes were filling with shy tears, wanting to break that stupid glass and phone and hug her, but he couldn't, he could only watch her from the distant, hear her angelic voice and try to remember what her touch felt like
"I'm doing fine, when I finish school I go to your dad's and help him with everything that he needs and sometimes I pick up some dinner from pops or I make dinner and we talk until he goes to sleep" he treasured her so much, how she made her number one priority, after helping Archie of course, his dad made him only love her more, but he also felt guilty, he was suppose to take care of her not the other way around.
"You don't have to do that" the boy whispered against the metal phone noticing her expression change to a slight smile that made his heart grow bigger and for a moment forget the awful circumstances that they were both in.
"It's the highlight of my day Arch" the boy couldn't help but smile back and notice all the little changes on the raven haired girl in front of him, her deep brown eyes were surrounded by dark purple circles and her jaw was now more pronounced, her face and upper torso slimmer making him question about what she did after her encounters with his father. She had seemed to read his mind. "After cleaning the kitchen, i just uh I sometimes I go up to your room and see if your stuff is still untouched " the girl spoke, lowering  her head, ashamed maybe, but Archie was fast To secretly place a hand glued to his side of the glass. "After, I usually go to the speakeasy at pops  and Reggie helps me to serve all the tables and to clean everything when it closes" Veronica concluded slowly moving her small hand to the glass where she placed it right in front of Archie's, he didn't enjoyed the idea of Reggie near his girlfriend but this were fraud times, jealously didn't have any space to exist
"I'm glad Reggie is keeping you company, what about Betty and jughead? I just don't want you to loose sleep with so many different projects" the boy added, not wanting her to worry about too many things.
"They have been great, Jughead is still helping Betty with the blue and gold, and we all go to pops once a week" she had to lie, she didn't want him to know how since he was arrested she had cut ties with their two best friends and the rest of the world, Veronica had realized that everyone that she touched ended up getting hurt, Archie was already suffering because of her and she would never be able to forgive her self if Betty and jughead went down the same road.
"And with your family? Is every thing ok?" Archie asked, even if he secretly wished that Hiram would suffer a long painful death he knew that Veronica's relationship with her mother was more than important to her and he wanted to make sure that he wasn't the reason of them parting ways.
"We aren't on speaking terms right now, at least not until my dad apologizes and gets you out of this hell hole, until then I'm going to do it myself, it's not like I need their criminal souls anyway" the girl couldn't lie about this, she hated her parents more than Archie did, she couldn't understand how she had managed to not choke them to death yet, and, as for Archie, he knew better than to fight her on matters that involved Hiram and Hermione, so he didn't.
"When I get you off here we're going to go to New York, just the two of us, and I'm going to take you to a knicks game and we are going to kiss on Times Square in the middle of the night" the girl dreamed, her eyes swimming in tears that appeared whenever she thought about their future together that didn't seemed to arrive as quick as she wished it to, she had so much planned for the both of them.
"I love you so much Ronnie" Archie spoke from his heart as he mentally promised her that they were going to be able to accomplish everything that she had said, he was going to leave that prison and he was going to take her to New York and they were going to kiss on Times Square, in fact, he didn't really cared where, he just longed to feel her heavenly lips again.
"Time's up Andrews" one of The guards warned walking to the boy and almost knocking him off the chair, Veronica immediately standing up as an instinct.
"I'm going to get you out of here" the girl whispered to the redhead who was now already almost on the others side of the metal doors, away from her.
"I know" the two star crossed lovers shared one last glance before Archie was roughly pushed out of the room. Veronica was quick to grab her purse and run out of that claustrophobic place, jogging to the parking lot to find Archie's truck, now her car as she didn't had Andre to drive her anymore. She closed the door, and started the engine but not daring to drive out of the place, instead taking a deep breath and laying her head against the steering wheel, loud cries erupting. Everything felt and smelled like him, his kindness, his comfort, his love.
"I miss you so fucking much" The girl muttered, hoping that in some twisted way he would be able to hear her. She hadn't had time to cry, between working at the speakeasy and helping Archie's dad, everything had been a blur. But now, she needed to cry, she needed to feel something other than pain and empty, she felt so damn empty.
The girl quickly wiped her tears and texted Archie's dad, warning him that she wasn't going to join him for dinner, instead deciding to work late at the speakeasy, which wasn't the complete truth, wiping her tears.
***
Veronica pushed the door closed behind her and turned the dim lights on, the secretive bar was closed Thursday night,  leaving her with only the bottle's that Reggie had stored the night before company.
She dropped her handbag on one of the tables, her cellphone and the hundred missed calls from Betty occupying the last place on her list of worries at the moment. She knew exactly where to go, even if he didn't had her blessing, Reggie had the habit of storing his jingle jangle on the last cabinet of the speakeasy, something that hadn't had an useful role in Veronica's life until now. She started by taking out one straw of the deadly sugar but quickly that one straw had turned into six, Veronica's motto was go big or go home, and she made her priority to put it to the test that night. The girl smoothed her plaid skirt and sat on the floor, back to the dark wooden cabinets, she just went for it.
The first dose felt like a fire had awoken in the bottom of her throat, but the next ones were different, she felt like she was on the verge, one wrong move and everything would fall apart, one right move and everything would find its way back, she had wished to feel something other than pain and now she felt everything at once. She felt his soft lips trailing up her neck, his hot breathing on her neck, his big home alike hands holding her waist and his deep sweet voice echoing on her ear
"Ron" he said, he was with her, in the speakeasy
"Archie" she repeated his name, making sure that he was there, in front of her.
"Archie" once again, his name rolled out of her tongue, in a sloppy way, to her, he was there adoring her neck and molding her body to his.
"Why are you doing this?" The redhead finally spoke, making her tangle her hands on her luscious hair, filling every drop off sweat that carved his way into her forehead.
"I don't know, but you're here with me now, that's all that matters" Veronica tried caressing his cheek, but her fingertips didn't recognized the feeling of his touch against her.
"I just came to see if you were okay" The boy smiled, with that boyish expression that she loved so dearly, in the bottom of her heart she knew that it was all a trick from her imagination but in that moment, if didn't mattered. She heard his voice again, near her ear, his trembling lips against her flustered cheek, singing sweet melodies that she didn't seemed to recognize
Everything felt new to her, every sensation.
"Everything comes back to you" she managed to mutter before closing her eyes, the feeling of his touch, the feeling of him, taking her body and mind to a different galaxy.