A bump in the Night 2~

Sebastian choked on a gulp of quickly inhaled air and the other man started to chuckle. "I am being too straightforward aren't I? I didn't mean to it's just, you see, I noticed you watching me out there. I could see the hunger in your eyes mio amico", he said with a glint in his eye.

Sebastian rolled his eyes and looked at the bartender. He simply shrugged and disappeared into the crowd of customers.

Well there goes Sebastian's scapegoat. Now he had to listen to this guy. He huffed and looked at the man.

"Listen pal, don't think too highly of yourself. I wasn't looking at just you. There's a lot of people dancing out there, how the hell do you know that I was looking at your weird ass?"

The man quirked an eyebrow and grinned. "So you were looking at my ass eh?" he drawled out.

Sebastian felt a blush creep up his face. Damn this guy. "No that is NOT what I meant, I justokay what the fuck do you want from me?" his voice starting to rise.

Stefano raised his arms in protest. "So touchy! I mean no harm my friend, it's just I am quite attracted to you. Do you not know what flirting is?"

The bartender was slowly making his way down the bar and Sebastian was gritting his teeth just waiting for him. He was going to have to be piss ass drunk to deal with this guy.

He scratched the back of his neck and turned to look straight at the guy's face. Very long features, smile was pretty nice, and a pretty eye color too. One thing stood out on his perfect European face. Peeking out from underneath his fringe was a web of what appeared to be scar tissue. Is that why he had the hair so long?

It seemed that he noticed Sebastian staring and the expression on his face made it obvious that he was starting to get self-conscious. Sebastian quickly diverted his eyes to look down at the bar.

His deep and rich voice pierced through Sebastian's trance. "I am sorry to have bothered you, I'll just be going home. Have a good night I suppose." His eye didn't have that flame in it like it did when they first started talking and his posture slumped.

"Gotta go and make me feel bad huh?" Sebastian inwardly thought.

Just as he began walking away Sebastian grabbed his arm. "Hey hey just wait." His voice gentle. "Come on, sit down. I've been a bit of an ass alright? Sorry I've just- I've been through a lot in a short amount of time. You're Stefano right?"

Any trace of gloom was completely gone now and was replaced with a subtle excitement. "You know my name? Have you seen any of my work? What do you think abou—"

"Whoa whoa wait, slow down. I only know your name because the bartender told me. I'm Sebastian by the way."

Stefano looked visibly annoyed that that was how he found out his name, but then again no one knew who he was or his name and if they did it was dripping off their tongue with malice. "Oh I see... well Sebastian, what has you so melancholy?" Sebastian signaled for another shot of whiskey and peered at Stefano with sad eyes. "It's a long story."

"So.. your wife just left..? Why?" Stefano asked incredulously. Sebastian let out a long sigh and took a quick swig of his drink. "No idea. Well I do have an idea but it's batshit crazy. I know Myra, she was a beautiful and intelligent woman; that's why I loved her. I think my daughter's uh..."

Sebastian got choked up and couldn't swallow the lump that was quickly swelling in his throat. Just thinking about his daughter's death brought on a feeling that he had never felt; like someone was was shoving a hot spear down into his guts. His hands started to shake, tears were welling in his eyes and were threatening to spill.