✰ TEN - KINSHIP BETWEEN WITCHES ✰

" shit is crazy, right? "

FROM what Rebekah had told her, everyone was one hundred percent certain that Niklaus Mikaelson was going to use his unborn child to sire more hybrids. From what else she had heard from her best friend, Rebekah and Marcel were going to work together with Marcel's little gang of vamps to take down Klaus.

But Lena, as much as she loved Rebekah and would do anything for her, was not ready to involve herself in a war. She was worried about Elijah and Hayley and she was beyond scared for both Rebekah and Klaus. If one of the two blonde siblings succeeded, the other would have to pay, and Lena wasn't sure she was ready to see either in agony. Plus, she didn't actually believe that Klaus would use his child to do such a thing.

So, she decided to spend the day with Davina, especially after Klaus pleaded with her to leave New Orleans. (Apparently in a war an innocent person always got hurt, and he didn't want her to be the one that got hurt, but she didn't listen.)

"It sucks, doesn't it?" Lena asked as sat on the end of Davina's bed, using the teenage witch's charcoals to draw the three Mikaelson siblings. Davina was at the top of her bed, pillows propped up on the headboard as she sketched Lena's lounged position at her feet.

"Yeah, like being allergic to nuts is bad enough but being allergic to chocolate too, ugh as if!" Lena giggled along with Davina, noticing the way that the witch had become so carefree and young again while they had been hanging out.

When she spent time alone with Davina, she noticed very many things about her. She wasn't at temperamental as she seemed and she only wanted to hurt the witches because she was so afraid of death. She liked classical music and played piano; her art rivalled Klaus'; she always like the Disney animal movies more than the Disney princess movies; she wore dresses because they were simple and freeing. Davina was not nearly as complex as she seemed. She was a very powerful witch with an extremely strong sense of vengeance, but she was also a teenage girl and she had feelings too.

"So, does Marcel buy your tampons?" asked Lena, using her finger to dust the charcoal of Klaus' impeccable jawline. She could not watch Rebekah betray her brother. She could not watch the hurt flash across his face as he realised that she did so. She could not watch Klaus get ripped apart by Marcel's minions.

"Yeah, he's so cool with it too. Like he'll just text me about the ones I want and honestly he could be there for hours getting me all the right stuff, he's such an awesome guy about it," Lena nodded, humming a little. She had never known what it was like to have to keep the secrets of periods from a man because there had never really been a male figure in her life. It had always been Rebekah and her, and even though Rebekah didn't get periods anymore and she had never had one when pads and tampons became a thing, she was still the most supportive person to have by her side.